IT help needed

Rev-head

Reaction score
Have been downloading music from net on P2P site but want to put on CD but everytime i try to burn it does not work .....what do i need to do ..convert files?...at a loss here

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

What software are you using to burn CD's?
Are you burning standard audio CD's or MP3 CD's?
What format does P2P use, mp3 or mp4?
there are so many variations on the mp format I'd try using one of the freebie MP3 converters and convert the files to WAV for audio CD creation

get a copy of nero. This will do the correct conversion for you, depending on what you want to create..

Window Media,Roxio
Standard CDs
MP3

Will look for Nero and see if that works

Cheers

I think i must be doing something wrong as i still am having the same problem have got nero 7 th edition? installed........the only thing that i have done and has still not worked is encoding the files,,,,,,,,

Not clued up on this as you can see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

i have nero, you just open a new audio disc template and then drag the mp3 files into the window of what is to be burned to disc and it converts them for you. You will see the bar along the bottem going up as you add them.

What's not working the actual burning process or the CD once it's finished?
Do you get errors or does the CD simply not work in a CD player?
Some CD players are fussy over the type of CD-R you use, best to stick to proper Audio ones than generic CD-R's. Also try burning them at a slower speed.

With Nero it says it down loading them but when i try and play CD its just beeps and make funny noises playing on computer and cd player

when it is in CD player i says there is only one track on CD?

Going to do it again just to check...... i think it does.....i have wasted 4 CDs this morning trying to fix this

it has downloaded the tracks on the CD but has no sound on them ???.....this is becoming annoying

[ QUOTE ]
With Nero it says it down loading them but when i try and play CD its just beeps and make funny noises playing on computer and cd player

when it is in CD player i says there is only one track on CD?

[/ QUOTE ]

hi, look in "my computer" and browse the cd you have burned, tell us what files it shows

Tried burning through windows media and all i got was 3secs on track that was never chosen or on list?.......weird ??

your not burning at too fast a speed are you I only ever do music discs at 12 speed

I have used p2p before and all I did was ...once they are downloaded, right click them and open with windows media. Each time you open a track you have downloaded they will move to windows media player library. Create a new playlist with the tracks you want to burn in windows media. Insert a cd and click burn. Windows converts and burns the disc. After the last track is burnt it says 'closing disc' Everything should be fine then. Only problem I have ever had is my oem 6 disc changer will only read certain types of discs and just says cannot read.

just a question, have you listened to the files 1st? I went through a phase where the songs I downloaded played but there was no sound maybe WMR?

ok check the files, see what they end with

.mp3 .wma .wav etc

play them on your comp to see if they actually work

in nero, click on audio cd not data or mp3

drag or add the files in, then burn, try them in your car, if it doesnt work try on your hi-fi

see what happens

either that or next Scottish meet, we will all decend on your house to fix it - you will have to supply the beer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif