156mph 3k fine and 1 year ban

Rev-head

Reaction score
Could not believe it when watching news tonight this guy caught in his BMW 156mph on his mobile and thats what he got .....lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What an idiot no excuse for being on a mobile at that speed....can the cheapo not afford a bluetooth headset...i bet he'd wished he had bought one now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Oh come on, it's daft but it's not that bad - not liked he killed anyone. I still don't see how the talking on a mobile is worse than having a fag or talking to a passenger etc. granted if I was going that fast I'd have both hands on the wheel and be concentrating quite a bit but hey what can you do.

when/if driving at that speed...My eyes are pinned to the road like a hawk...Both hands on the wheels and not talking either. being on a mobile is just ridiculous.... Also dont even consider those speeds when there are others on the road.

Rich

He should have been locked up imo!

We all go fast but going that fast when using a phone is rediculous!

Ridiculous sentence, phone or no phone.
I got a 12 month ban just from 4 motorway speeding offences over 3 years, none of which were even remotely dangerous (and I wasn't on the phone).
This country's magistrates are a joke!

[ QUOTE ]
This country's magistrates are a joke!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't this incident in a different country?

I meant UK, but I guess judging from the reference to Sheriffs the scots have a different system.
They usually have a better system, but judging from this story I assume it doesn't extend to speeding. Thinking about it I was only comparing it with my own situation, so The M3 driver probably got a fair penalty given that doing 156 in an M3 still meant his stopping distance was better than most HGV's doing 60mph, and I assume it was late at night.
So I still stand by my comment as it was my own penalty that was ludicrously harsh, unless you equate motorway speeding to be as dangerous as drunk driving.

Only England & Wales have exactly the same Laws. Scotland has a law system that is unique and I'd rather have the scottish law system for the whole of the UK!

Especially their superb property buying system which is designed to actually work rather than purely line the pockets of hopeless solicitors

There was recently a story going around that a guy got pulled over by police in his BMW doing 156MPH whilst on his mobile phone (the same story above) - there was a debate to how this could have been achieved, so I took the debate to them and took a photo of my BMW doing 150MPH on the M** - the camera was of the mobile (cell) phone type.

Not sure what the fuss was all about!

http://www.clannsd.com/Images/150MPH.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Especially their superb property buying system which is designed to actually work rather than purely line the pockets of hopeless solicitors

[/ QUOTE ]

Ours is changing now, hopefully for the better.

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
NSD tut tut that picture is really blurry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ever tried waving your phone at the seedos when doing that speed!

Unfortunately my Sloooooow Audi will never do that speed. I have touched 140 but i think that was going down a slight decline hahaha my car can't go any faster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
****** hell mate your car is quite rapid i'm impressed! I take it the remap really made the difference then.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NSD tut tut that picture is really blurry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ever tried waving your phone at the seedos when doing that speed!

[/ QUOTE ]

And only 4000 revs too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

This was a complex case where the guy's initial case was dropped on a technicality. the retrial could only be for "culpable and reckless conduct" and that was the max penalty apparently. Because the police and prosecutors messed up they did not charge him with dangerous driving which would be the normal charge for such speeds.

Oh yeah the remap has made one hella a difference! I think the car can easily push out 155MPH, the scary thing is that the car loves it too - handles like a charm and no shakes or unsteadyness / skipping. Cant wait to get this car down to the Ring next summer!