diamond cut wheel and tyre protection from audi. anyone used it yet?

kilojade

Reaction score
with my rs3 i taken out the diamond wheel and tyre protection that cost £500 from audi. i have used them twice now for tyres. but now its time to have my alloys done all 4 have kurb marks on them. didn't want to get them done 1 at a time i thought would be best to leave it until they get more scratched up lol. so its time. anyone had there alloys done yet? if so any problems. i no they can be strict :(

My old man had 2 of his alloys done on his s5 after he got cut up by a lorry and had to swerve up onto the pavement. he didn't have any problems.

I had All 4 Done By KingHorn AutoBodys Through Audi Aberdeen Before collecting my car due to Oxidation Bubbles and a few Kerb marks,
It took near 2weeks but came back looking brand new...

My vw had diamond cut alloys which started to blister, spoke with a wheel refurber and he told me this is common because the alloy is so highly polished that the laquer doesn't have anything to key onto and is easily chipped off. They were going to be £100 each for repair and would take a week so I had them stripped and powder coated gunmetal, IMO they now look alot better than new and should be easier to keep in good nick - hopefully!