Own up was it a member on here ?

Gazthesparky

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Stuck at home and watching daytime tv they have just done an article on a RS4 that was totalled on castle Combe race track. It was a hire car from Accident Exchange which the driver had got due to his car being involved in a accident. He had then taken the hire car on a race day at castle Combe but he then had a bad crash.

They said that there was a YouTube video of the crash and that the driver had to pay for the costs

Looks a bad crash and they were lucky to get out of the car

So come on was it someone on here ??

http://youtu.be/XT6XGQrZc90

He did it wrongly! And getting out the car at that part of the track is the single most stupid thing he could have done too!

Anyways, as far as I know, he isn't a member on ASN, and Audi did a good job of keeping all the details hush, including taking the car away on a flatbed fully covered, so the full story was never in the open on this forum.

I'm sure that crash happened a while ago, its only now the BBC have got hold of it. Apparently the driver was left upwards of £20k out of pocket.....

Reactions: NHN
And that is why Castle Coombe is excluded from our list of tracks for our trackday cover. It's always that corner. When I go to events at Coombe I always stand there, you're almost guaranteed an incident (or three!)

given the way he drives, i can well guess why his normal car was at an accident repair centre...

I dont go on the track, but i cant understand how that happened? did it lok like a little oversteer at the start? followed by massive over correction? Why didnt he just put his foot down?! do these cars suffer with lift off over steer?

I dont go on the track, but i cant understand how that happened? did it lok like a little oversteer at the start? followed by massive over correction? Why didnt he just put his foot down?! do these cars suffer with lift off over steer?

Looked like he got it sideways and saved it, but as he lifted off the gas, the back end fishtailed and his lack of ability meant into the tyre wall!

Not wanting to have a go at you here, but I always laugh when i see these things followed by 'Why didnt he just do a, b or c'.

Its easy to sit and judge and portray what we all think we'd do - but the reality of a split second thing like that is very very different.

im sure he can T-cut that back to a pristine condition and Audi wont know a damn thing.

You have drivers,
then you have screw drivers.........