Best Xbox360 package

manor13

Reaction score
I am looking to get a Xbox360 (preowned)for my son but there's a few packages out there whats the best size Elite, 4GB then do the HDD mod or just get a 250Gb or 20GB to many to choose from lol. Got the ps3 already but his mates all play xbox live

Go for the xbox slim, less problems. 250gb saves hastle of upgrading the hard drive. Make sure preowned one works on live as some are banned.

I'm thinking about getting an Xbox too - purely for GTA5!
No release date for the PC yet and don't think I can wait!

Agree with sliced about getting the Slim; much quieter, better reliability design, get one with decent hard drive to allow multi-disc games to be pre-loaded. (Hence glossy case; satin case is 4GB version)
Slim also has wireless built-in, and will support the Kinect without separate power supply.
I think the Slim also supports HDMI-CEC

Watch out for the soft-touch power and eject; cats can open the draw and fill it with fur, which is a delight to clean up.

[Edit: Buying the consol is the cheap part; controllers and accessories hike the price a lot, and the games are a sink for cash. But buying a mature consol like this means you can reap the selection of ages for very little money.]

so they are not all HDMI.
looking at a 360 elite 120gb with 2x contollers and games &headset , it has wirelss adaptor as no wireless built in, but i was going to hardwire or put over powerlines. £120 good deal???

so they are not all HDMI.
looking at a 360 elite 120gb with 2x contollers and games &headset , it has wirelss adaptor as no wireless built in, but i was going to hardwire or put over powerlines. £120 good deal???

The earlier XBox360 are beige, large and square, and have a rounded front (that can be exchanged). These may not have HDMI on the very early versions, but the later ones have HDMI beside the large video port. Decide if you want an early XBox360, since it will probably have highest hours.
The new Slim XBox360 are black, smaller, and are slightly waisted (gathered in the middle). The buttons for the drawer and for power are both touch buttons, so no moving parts.