Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Cheap in car camera (HD would be nice)

Hi,

I am looking for a cheap in car camera, one where I can mount (somewhere in my stripped out shell) that can give good decent recording (HD would be nice) so I can get some decent videos up of in car acceleration.

Seen a few cheap ones about, but wondering if anyone has experience of using the cheap ones, quality of video, not affected too much from the cabin vibrating/shaking etc

Thanks
    2001 Seat Leon Cupra. 291bhp 13.4 1/4 mile @ 108mph.

Click the picture below for my build thread.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I ran with an ebay camera for a year or so, sound was naff so I modified it by adding a plug and socket for an external mic. Think the whole thing including mic stood me for £25. Pic was pretty reasonable but the date on it couldn't be changed and it always said 2008.

Went Go-Pro last year, huge difference in both picture and sound. If you can stretch the funds get one. Some good deals to be had on the Hero 2 as the Hero 3 has been released

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    I ran with an ebay camera for a year or so, sound was naff so I modified it by adding a plug and socket for an external mic. Think the whole thing including mic stood me for £25. Pic was pretty reasonable but the date on it couldn't be changed and it always said 2008.

Went Go-Pro last year, huge difference in both picture and sound. If you can stretch the funds get one. Some good deals to be had on the Hero 2 as the Hero 3 has been released
    I thought go pro's would be well out of my price range, but I am looking at 2nd hand ones on ebay at the moment, and quite surprised how cheap go pro's with in car mounts

6th Gear

Status
    Make sure you get an external mic for it as the standard mic is terrible. If you get a Hero2 that is..

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Take a look at ASN's very own purpose-built forum on this subject. Click here
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow vivalacoulter On Twitter Add vivalacoulter on Facebook Visit vivalacoulter's Instagram Channel
    Flip Mino HD should be pretty cheap, not a bad little camera either.

1st Gear

Status
    Been searching online for a few hours now, looking at reviews etc and found this

In Car Dashboard Camera 1080P Vehicle Dash Board Black Box HD Video Cam SD DVR | eBay

and a review here

GS8000L - 1080p Car Dash Camera Recorder - Unboxing and Test Quality Review - YouTube

looks very good for what it is, with little distortion and this guy was pushing it hard at times with his stripped out Mazda turbo

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I use a Blackvue DR380, can't recommend it too highly, plus it's neat and discreet. The one in the eBay link you posted looks monstrous
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I use a Blackvue DR380, can't recommend it too highly, plus it's neat and discreet. The one in the eBay link you posted looks monstrous
    the blackvue is £200+

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiebennett81 View Post
    the blackvue is £200+
    And worth every penny; it's a first rate piece of kit.

(You have PM)

1st Gear

Status
    I've got this one at the moment
    2.0" LCD Dual Lens Car Vehicle HD DVR Camera Video Recorder Camcorder G-sensor | eBay

I've had it about a year, the one I have has good quality video both day & night and i like the screen! you can see what your recording, however there are some sellers on ebay selling the same model that are really bad quality videos..... I guess I got lucky! but if it ever goes faulty I'd think about getting a Blackvue

God Mode

Status
    Getting a phone mount for my windscreen to record videos, may not be best quality but most cost effective especially if you don't plan on using it much.