Optimax

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
My local Shell(there are 2 of them local to me) has ran out Optimax for the last few days, and my S3 has only been drinking that stuff for the last 2 years, should I drive to a branch of BP and stick a tank of Ultimate, or go with standard shell 95RON for a week?
Anyone else experience a shortage of fuel/Optimax... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

There was no optimax on the 26th at my local shell.

Same down here! no optimax

I Put some super unleaded in from esso as a temporary measure..

Same her...was so not impressed! Had to use normal unleaded with octane booster instead!

I should be OK. Have still got about half a tank, and I don't use the car to get to work, By the time I need to fill up, all should be in order.

just filled up last night no shortage here :p now for a burn up to the lakes for new year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No Optimax near me either had to put the normal crap in! God i tell you i have noticed the different already when high revving already the engine sounds like its grinding and struggling.....not smooth as with optimax very annoying....should of gone for BP Ultimate or something else.

I went for BP Ultimate, and went to a RR with it too, made pretty normal power figures, but actually felt quick on the M6 on the way back home, probably due to the artic conditions giving me more power lol.

No Optimax in or around Bexleyheath. I've got about 4 gallons left. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ive started using tesco 99 ron super unleaded how many ron is the optimax?

[ QUOTE ]
I went for BP Ultimate, and went to a RR with it too, made pretty normal power figures, but actually felt quick on the M6 on the way back home, probably due to the artic conditions giving me more power lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange...but maybe not so strange...

My S3 used to feel really perky on Ultimate...more so than Optimax...but on the rollers it made less power at the top end - 5+ BHP down on Ultimate.
The thing was...on the road it felt faster, felt 'nicer' to drive...and certainly wasn't any slower on Ultimate...although the dyno suggested otherwise.

On my GTI it feels way better on Ultimate...although it's mapped for Optimax.
There is nothing between then on the dyno...so I use Ultimate...as it just feels nicer to drive.

The 911 however takes any fuel- like substance you put in it...and is still ballistic.
Optimax or Ultimate make no difference...it's just as ferocious on normal 95 octane...although Porsche suggest using the higher octane stuff.

Odd eh?

Interesting Glen, maybe I should stick to BP Ultimate for a few tanks, it certainly felt more 'responsive' from my point of view, it's costing 96.9p p/litre atm though... BP's cashing in on the lack of Optimax, as it's less than half mile from my local Shell... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No BP Ultimate in or around Bexleyheath either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nae luck!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
plenty of optimax in medway today

[/ QUOTE ]

Gimme a location & I'll head that way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Managed to fill up at Gravesend, about 15 miles from home. Still, it gave me the chance to blast the Quattro round the deserted lanes around Cliffe marshes.

[ QUOTE ]
there was optimax in welling yesterday....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what time? I went to the Shell station on the Shooters Hill side of Bellegrove Road before 9am, & every Optimax pump was chained up. Same at Blendon.

I guess they must have had a delivery during the day.

The guy at the garage informed me that no optimax would be delivered until late this week maybe next as it's not a priority. They will just deliver the normal fuel until everything is sorted properly after the oilfield fire.

Plentiful supply up here; I've used two stations in Preston and one just off J5 of the M61 and they said they've had no problems; I guess our Optimax comes from Stanlow, which *touch wood* is definately not on fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Rob.

Sod all in Tadley, Abingdon, Oxford & Newbury.

Had to fill up with 95 and the car really ain't happy about it.

Usual Shell on the A34 was still out of Optimax yesterday, but the one on the A41 has it in stock, I'm sticking to BP Ultimate for a few tanks though, seems faster in the mid range, might be a bit less on the top end though, not that i venture much past 5K revs in these conditions anyways... time will tell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

First four months i ran it on optimax. Now i run it on ultimate (been about 2 months now). I think ultimate is better. Car does feel faster and for some reason drinks less too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You guys should try Tesco 99RON dam good siht.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to, but it's not available at my local Tescos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif