Christmas Dinner

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
In a break with convention, we decided to have Beef Wellington instead of the traditional Christmas Dinner. Here it is fresh from the oven.

Can't wait!

P1010004.jpg

Much better than turkey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Damn right, Beef's the new Turkey!!!

I just enjoyed my portion at: http://www.villahotel-wreagreen.co.uk/

...All in all was very nice, even though my family can't behave themselves! (I also made a failed attempt at banning the phrase "are you alright?" from the table /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

I hope everyone else is having a nice relaxing day, festive wishes to you all!

Rob.

****** Awesome mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif, Looks real nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ...now the big question is who ****** it? was it really you??....Never mind, Tuck in my son /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif, and enjoy ...Oh and have a Merry Xmas.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
for the benefit of myself and others, whats a beef wellington?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fillet of Scotch beef, wrapped in pate and mushrooms, wrapped in puff pastry.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice one Jeff, looks like it went well... I had a nice combo of Turkey, Beef and Pork /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

We had turkey, pork and gammon, nearly snap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aye ...I'll bet , the "Nearly **Snap**" was the ol' belt strainng to hold it all in... Tee Hee! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Aye ...I'll bet , the "Nearly **Snap**" was the ol' belt strainng to hold it all in... Tee Hee! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should mention that. One of my pressies was a new leather belt, quite a bit longer than the old one which I've had for ten years or more.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should mention that. One of my pressies was a new leather belt, quite a bit longer than the old one which I've had for ten years or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she's trying to tell you something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jeff, is there any left overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

P1010006.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done very brave dish to take on at this time of the year

****** Med as well and thats a big joint of meat you must have a good cooker

Steve

AKA Executive Chef

Mmmm... ****** Beef... just how I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Compliments to the Chef dude.

*Jealous*

Hope you enjoyed it, looks lovely.

[ QUOTE ]
Well done very brave dish to take on at this time of the year

****** Med as well and thats a big joint of meat you must have a good cooker

Steve

AKA Executive Chef

[/ QUOTE ]

Feedback much appreciated, Steve. I'll pass your compliments onto the wife, whose masterpiece it was. The oven is a standard domestic size Stoves (gas) about 12 years old, but absolutely the business. The whole thing ****** in just about an hour.