what a waste

Yes, How true... it is that A WASTE of a perfectly great car... however to try and put it back on the road is shear madness, look at it, its been hit from all angles, I wonder on close inspection, was there a fatality?, look at the drivers seat looks well disoloured ( and that ain't a surprise considering the damage, but I would say that its BER (Beyond Economical Repair) as the price of parts and labour would outweigh the value of the car IMHO.

I reckon it'd be a close one as to whether or not it'd be worth repairing... Certainly not if the reserve on his auction is anything like £20k; but what does the damage actually run to?

OK, it needs A LOT of bodywork, and probably the back end is going to be very costly; the only bit that would actually worry me is the passenger's side rear-quarter; because there's going to be some extensive chopping and welding there; but the roof's straight, the chasis I would guess is straight as the car's not twisted, everything internally looks to be in the right place, the engine bay looks straight and so does the boot-floor; added to that the passenger's side exhaust hasn't moved.

It doesn't look like there'd be too much mechanical work, as it's all on visible on the driver's wing, but it doesn't look to have gone too deep; probably a bit of costly suspension, drivetrain and brake repair in that corner, but probably nowhere else.

And added to all that, none of the airbags look to have fired...

I think if his reserve is a chunk less than £20k and you were a good mechanic, or sleeping with one, you could probably do it, but I suppose any spare parts that are solely designed for the RS6 are probably at even more of a premium than the rest?

Regards,

Rob.

20k seems steep! If you could get it for sensible money it would make a great donor car for an engine transplant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I might ask if the engine will fit in an A3 Sportback..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

However, the airbags do not seem to have been deployed, and this is backed up by the text on the site.... I wonder what happend to it - maybe was whacked real hard while parked up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I might ask if the engine will fit in an A3 Sportback..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

However, the airbags do not seem to have been deployed, and this is backed up by the text on the site.... I wonder what happend to it - maybe was whacked real hard while parked up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I guess it would fit assuming you've got folding rear-seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I hadn't noticed the text backing-up the photos which seemed to show the airbags in tact... I'm willing to bet you're right and it's been hit while parked.

The more I look at it, the more I can believe that you could get it back on the road with some degree of purpose. I think I've been brain-washed by my friend using my PC to hunt out salvage/repair Golf Mk. 1s and 2s for the past few months!!!

Rob.

I dunno about you guys but imagine buying THAT car after it had been repaired from this condition, and finding out about the damage later......

I'd not be a happy man!!

But I suppose the right person can work wonders with this sort of thing. I know someone that works in an accident repair centre and it's scary what they can do with what looks like an absolute mangled wreck to the untrained eye.....

Nice avatar Audiboy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Reminds me of my old one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

its too expensive to be economic imagine getting hold of spares for an rs6

especially when theres two perfectly good rs6's already on the bay

grey rs6
same grey colour as mine that :wub:

and a red one looks awesome and very low miler

red rs6 avant

[ QUOTE ]
Nice avatar Audiboy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Reminds me of my old one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]