AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Audi A3

Status

Apple swapping iPhones

Afternoon guys.

Just a quick question, i know a few of my mates have booked appointments with there faulty iphones and they say they have been swapped with no questions asked.

Now my iphone is playing up the top lock button doesnt work properly so has anyone else had a issue were they have gone in and had it swapped?

Thanks
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI - S3 Intercooler - Darkside Developments Hard Pipe Boost Kit - EGR Delete - Milltek Non-Res Decat Exhaust System - Performance -Torque Custom Remap 187BHP + 335lb/ft

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    most of the time when they swap them out
    you get a refurbished one

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    plus how old and model have you got ?

6th Gear

Status
    you'l only get a replacement if its still under warranty or extended apple care. my wife got hers changed due to a faulty home button, it was refurbished and carried a normal warranty and she extended the apple care last month on it.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Buy the part on ebay for 3 quid and do it yourself with YT guides! I did!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Audi A3

Status
    mine is a iPhone 5 32gb its warranty is up in november so thinking i will have to get myself to a apple shop and get it swapped!
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI - S3 Intercooler - Darkside Developments Hard Pipe Boost Kit - EGR Delete - Milltek Non-Res Decat Exhaust System - Performance -Torque Custom Remap 187BHP + 335lb/ft

2nd Gear

Status
    Had exactly the same problem bud. Apple will replace it after confirming its faulty, only if it's in warranty though. They just give you a brand new phone, cheaper than them repairing the old one.
    Brilliant Black 61 Plate A3 1.6 TDI

Mods: S3 BE 5 Spoke Rotor Wheels with Goodyear EfficientGrip
    , AppRadio 2, 80% tints, Diamond Vision Headlights

Audi A3

Status
    well mine is a intermintant fault, but sometimes i can be pressing the lock button in a good 10 times before it decides to lock and tbh the battery dies quickly too. it is in warranty until november so i will get an appointment booked and go.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    If it's intermittent is it definitely hardware? It's not a software fault is it causing the phone to occasionally hang when waking up? Have a Google for similar problems.

And as you say, get to Apple before the warranty runs out and I'm it should be fine. Apple are usually quite good at stuff like that. But back it all up, whether to the cloud or your computer as you'll most likely end up with a different phone.

6th Gear

Status
    Correct, the swapped mine the other week no questions asked, the screen kept flickering so popped in at 9am, got an appointment at 10:30 the same day and by 11am they'd given me a new iPhone 5.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    most of the time when they swap them out
    you get a refurbished one
    I asked this and i was assured it was a brand spanker - Apple Shop, Leeds.

Audi A3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    Correct, the swapped mine the other week no questions asked, the screen kept flickering so popped in at 9am, got an appointment at 10:30 the same day and by 11am they'd given me a new iPhone 5.
    Hi Aiden, was the the leeds trinity branch? Think thats were i will go, hopefully i receive the same service and get a new one as mine has a number of faults, battery doesnt last very long either!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine was intermittent and they changed it no questions, Apple are awesome if its in warranty.
    Brilliant Black 61 Plate A3 1.6 TDI

Mods: S3 BE 5 Spoke Rotor Wheels with Goodyear EfficientGrip
    , AppRadio 2, 80% tints, Diamond Vision Headlights

Reverse Gear

Status
    Apple iPhone is my favorite phone am crazy about it, I buy it when its release first time in USA its made me crazy,Its features are wonderful and interesting.Now i want to purchase apples latest tablet.Whats your favorite phone brand...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    I asked this and i was assured it was a brand spanker - Apple Shop, Leeds.
    I've taken several iphones back....Apple told me on every occasion that they a New units also

4th Gear

Status
    Reason that they take them back is that they're bringing out a cheaper, plastic iPhone soon that will share most of the tech inside the current 5. They're even taking 5's in as trade-ins for the iPhone 5S, which is out this month or early next month.
    Mobile Phone Checker: Find and compare the best mobile phone deals

Oh and if you need repairs for iPhones that are out of warranty try these guys iPhone Repairs London | iPhone Screen Replacement |
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliottB View Post
    Hi Aiden, was the the leeds trinity branch? Think thats were i will go, hopefully i receive the same service and get a new one as mine has a number of faults, battery doesnt last very long either!!
    Yeah it was in Leeds Elliott, sorted my iPhone straight out. Give them a try!

2nd Gear

Status
    The vast majority of warranty swapouts will be refurbished. Although they are to such a high standard that nobody would ever be able to tell. The Geniuses will of course say they are brand new to avoid 'confrontations' in store :-)
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line