Anyone going to edition 38?

hillsyxvii

Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread related to this. Just wondered if anyone's going up there over the weekend?

We headed down on the Saturday - woulda liked to have been able to stay for the Sunday, but other commitments stopped that.

Good show and some seriously beautiful metal on show.

The way the show's priced makes it very expensive if you're only going for one of the days - but i understand the reasons why they work it that way.

Few too many 'scene kid' types of folk for my liking, but overall i was pretty impressed by it all.

I have been but never again as its very 'scene' and also I don't own any skinny jeans

Reactions: Nilz, s3dave, kwistof and 4 others
We made the same observations re: skinny jeans and snapback hats and vests and ridiculous hair do's....

That said, I wouldnt let those kinda folk put me off attending what is undeniably one of the best shows in the country.

Behind inters..

Guy from work went on saturday. Said it was utter crap and boring. Just the same boring cars that are stupidly low on bags with shiny wheels and stretched tyres.

Reactions: s3dave
Hence why I said 'one of'.

With all due respect to the guy from your work, what was he actually expecting to see?!? Maybe he took a wrong turn on the way to Donnington or something?!

Air is not my thing either, particularly on things like RS4's which really shouldnt be ruined like that. But to say the cars were boring and crap is a bit harsh.

Everyone has their own thing their in to. But its no secret what Edition is about - kinda boggles me why you'd go to something like that if it wasnt your thing.....

Each to their own and all that.

Reactions: jojo
Yeah i know, he asked if he was going and i said no for those reasons but he said he was going anyway for something to do lol.

Each shows has it's merits, the main three for me are,

GTI Inters, mainly for the 1/4 miles, and I like seeing modified Golf's.

Audi's in the Park, a gathering of all things Audi, what's not to like?

and finally, Audi Driver International. Seeing fast Audi's(and other VAG stable cars) going round a track at full pelt, and spending a few sessions out on track myself. :racer:

I did do Edition38 for 2 years on the trot a few years back, then I realised that 'scene' cars isn't really for me. I appreciate the time and effort that goes into them, but I'd never stance my own car, so I stopped going.

I stopped going a few years ago, I used to go every year to this when it was at Billing and I cant remember where else, but as already mentioned, its not like the show scene used to be back then, it used to be a very nice and friendly enviroment, but nowadays its quite the opposite, some serious attitudes there and plenty of theft too!!

I dont know if people have seen but there were apparently some incidents there this year involving groups of people kicking off and security causing issues too.

Yeah there was a video doing the rounds.... not particularly pleasant stuff.

A lot of the folk I know who go regularly make plans to stay elsewhere while they are down there - starting to see why!