dreamer (ebay)

I've just asked him if he checked the guide price for a 1997 1.6 before placing the ad.

I'll let you know if he answers.

Forget that ... Look at the number plate "P11TS M", Yes sir! that mans right ITS THE PITS!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Is that guy kidding? I wouldnt get £11.5k for my A3!!

Rich

lol!

my A4 is the 1.8 version. it has only 55k on the clock, its a 99 plate with a private plate valued at about a grand, full service history etc. and yet i wouldnt expect anymore then 4 and a half for it.

god people are stupid! its max-flowered but look at the wood effect, its hidious!

I like this bit myself...

"BAD BOY RACER CAR(NUMBER PLATE NOT INCLUDED)"

How to put off potential buyers... tell them even though the car is only a 1.6 it's been thrashed to within an inch of it's life!

I also like the burn marks etc around the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif poor job he's done on the exhaust etc.

i wouldn't take that piece of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif if he paid me!

[ QUOTE ]

How to put off potential buyers... tell them even though the car is only a 1.6 it's been thrashed to within an inch of it's life!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an Auto aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Yet another misguided fool that thinks his car is worth the guide price plus all the money he spent chaving it up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Jeff, I bet they are scared to deliver your message mate, incase he withdraws the sale and they lose fees,lol

I was a building society manager in the 80s, & I used to see the same mentality with some of the morons we lent money to.

A guy applied for a mortgage & told me his house was worth £95,000, a huge amount at the time. It'd buy you a decent 4-bed detached with en-suite & double garage (this was in Bristol). When our surveyor went round, he discovered it was a 3-bed mid-terrace in a sprawling urban area, with a tiny garden & no off-street parking. Top "ceiling" price for the locality was about £50,000.

When the surveyor went inside, the owner showed him all the home "improvements" he'd done - Neff kitchen, three toilets, two showers, gold-plated taps & light-fittings, marble effect worktops, hessian wall-coverings, etc. etc. He's totally overcooked the place. His reasoning was that because he'd paid £50,000 for the house, and spent £45,000 on tarting it up to look like Elton John's boudoir (& I apologise to Elton now), ergo it was worth £95,000.

It never occurred to him that there was a maximum amount that anyone was willing to pay to live in that street, and that none of his additions had added a penny to the value. Arguably, they'd reduced the value because the house was personalised so much to his (******' awful) taste.

****** hell thats bad the colour coding on the bumper and skirts dont even match properly....i know they are always a bit off but thats loads out! As the title states ...keep dreaming mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Scary that theres people out there that could do that to an Audi...

*shivers*

He's answered me. As I suspected, his argument is, "well I've spent £7,000 on it, so it must be worth that much. This is my reply:

"You might have spent £7,000 on it, but none of that as added to the value of the car. The bottom line is, it's a 1.6 Automatic, a A4 variant for which there is not much demand. All that guff you've added to the car has done is to personalise it to you taste, and alienate any potential buyer who doesn't share your taste.

And what's all this BAD BOY RACER sh!t? Apart from the fact that it's a 1.6 Automatic, the slowest A4 you can buy, what you're doing is sending out a message that the car has been thrashed to hell and back.

You would probably be better off removing all the crap, returning the car to standard spec, and then selling the car and the bits as separate lots.

As it is, you will not sell it at the price you're asking for while you've got a hole in your ar$e."

Oh yes, and the MOT runs out in February. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Audi A4 (1995-01)
4Dr Saloon 1.6 Auto (1997/R)

More On This Car
Specifications
Review
Summary
Average Mileage: 80,000
Price New: £18,270
Insurance Group: 10
Other Cars in Insurance Group

These valuations are based on thousands of used car prices. WiseBuyer's pricing experts research valuations at dealers, auctions and private sales.

Audi A4 (1995-01)
Car valuation adjusted for 88,000 miles
Retail: £2,180

The valuations quoted are prices you should aim to pay for a used car, not the advertised price. You should adjust your valuation to allow for extras that were not standard specification.
Sell your car now
Private Good: £1,830
Private Average: £1,530
Private Poor: £1,160
Part Exchange: £1,650
Trade: £1,564

[ QUOTE ]
You would probably be better off removing all the crap

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

Go Jeff, go Jeff, go Jeff (said as in the Ricki Lake style). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

These valuations are based on thousands of used car prices. WiseBuyer's pricing experts research valuations at dealers, auctions and private sales.

Audi A4 (1995-01)
Car valuation adjusted for 88,000 miles
Retail: £2,180

The valuations quoted are prices you should aim to pay for a used car, not the advertised price. You should adjust your valuation to allow for extras that were not standard specification.
Sell your car now
Private Good: £1,830
Private Average: £1,530
Private Poor: £1,160
Part Exchange: £1,650
Trade: £1,564

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like he should be aiming for £1,160. Or perhaps £1,200 since it has 80K miles.

Legend Jeff... LEG END!

That reply is exactly the sort of thing that goes through my head every single time I see one of those twats advertising... morons one and all.

Good lad.

Go on... give him some more... you know you want to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Legend Jeff... LEG END!

That reply is exactly the sort of thing that goes through my head every single time I see one of those twats advertising... morons one and all.

Good lad.

Go on... give him some more... you know you want to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it'd carry more weight if a few more of you delivered the same message to him. That way the awful truth might just sink in for him.

Yes...like errrrr... "Hand Tools" I wonder does he have broken teeth, seems the kind if you know what I mean.. "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......CCHHAATTEERR, CCCHHAAATTEERR , CCCCHHAAATTTEERR, **SNAP** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Um...it seems I may have upset him.

"just /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off NOT 4 tymwasteres like u cnut!!!!"

"WORTHLESS CHARITY UMBRELLA - SEMI AUTOMATIC!!!"

Priceless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Q: can fish swim in cheese?
A: Only on a Tuesday."

WTF!?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Fits in perfectly with that nobs' listing I guess... someone send him the link! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Merry christmas boys!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

T

laugh,
i nearly wet myself!!!
12k for that pile of poo, whats with the first registration date of 01 march 2003?
i state this now for all asunder to see if he sells it for 12k i will set fire to my own testicles.

i paid 12k 4 months ago for my 2002 A4 avant with full leather, FASH, perfect condition and only 30k on the clock.