'Int tinternet' fantastic!

wigginer

Reaction score
I got Broadband installed this week. Can't believe how much faster it is than dial-up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Ya know this computing stuff may just catch on !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

I'm going to order it this week...finally!

Who are you using and how much is it - ISP's I mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm after just a wired home user service - looking at NTL for a while but have been to busy to actually do somethign about it! They will install and provide a modem for free and their 150k service is just £17.99 a month as I already pay £15.99 for BT unlimited dial up I think it is well worth it.

It may not be the full monty broadband but it is still 3 times faster than a dial up and for just £2 more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mine's a bundle from Telewest Broadband:
Blueyonder broadband - 512k - normally £25.99/month
Talk Unlimited Phone Package - normally £26.00/month
Digital TV - Supreme Package - normally £25.50/month

All in £66.50/month - Free Installation, including all the kit, except a network card at £25.00.

Compared to what I was paying for dial-up internet, and a standard phone package with BT, and the equivalent SKY digital package - approx £13/month more.

So £13.00/month extra for broadband and a 24/7 unlimited local and national call package (which now keeps me from constantly falling out with my teenage son over his phone calls).

I thought is was a good deal...

In my opinion, the NTL 150k "broadband" service is a rip-off.

Not only is it not really that "broad", but it's also capped at a certain data amount per month (I think...) and it's so similarly priced to some 512k offerings it just doesn't make sense...

Just think - you could almost get the same data-throughput with a bonded-ISDN dial-up (128k), and thats not classed as broadband...

Alex.

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
In my opinion, the NTL 150k "broadband" service is a rip-off.

Not only is it not really that "broad", but it's also capped at a certain data amount per month (I think...) and it's so similarly priced to some 512k offerings it just doesn't make sense...

Just think - you could almost get the same data-throughput with a bonded-ISDN dial-up (128k), and thats not classed as broadband...

Alex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting comment, but it is still 3 times quicker than dial-up and only two quid more! I will ask when I order if they are any limits as to data etc.