who here is '' GYM'N '' it?

Was that due to it being too difficult, you not having the will power, or you not having the time Jo?

Not enough time and I found it difficult for my current physique and fitness levels. Though I must admit that was 6 months ago, I could probably do a bit more today.

I use the gym all the time, for health reasons and I enjoy it. Got a rowing machine that I try to use daily too if I can, great when your on shifts and can't get to the gym

I use the gym all the time, for health reasons and I enjoy it. Got a rowing machine that I try to use daily too if I can, great when your on shifts and can't get to the gym

Do you do the rowing machine properly or do you do it like every other gym rower?

Gym's are overpriced these days back before bannatines and david loyd all came along my yearly membership was £150 for everything fitness, pool, sauna and steam rooms they shysters came to town boom! 400, sorry its not worth it.

Reactions: Westy
Gym's are overpriced these days back before bannatines and david loyd all came along my yearly membership was £150 for everything fitness, pool, sauna and steam rooms they shysters came to town boom! 400, sorry its not worth it.

The house I bought 2 years ago has a double garage so I've turned half of it into a basic weights room. Nothing too fancy but I've got the essentials. Barbell, dumbells, adjustable bench, chin up bar, squat stands, and around 100kgs of weight plates.

When I used to go to Nuffield it was £60 a month which included everything and all I wanted was to use the weights. Half the time I was waiting ages to get to use anything. Now I don't have any trouble getting on the equipment and I can workout whenever I want ;)

6/7 days a week at a bodybuilding gym treating that small man syndrome haha, despite popular belief we're fairly unhealthy and have probably got hearts ready to explode.

That's like saying M&S is overpriced haha, wouldn't personally pay for a premium shop/gym but it's personal preference.

6/7 days a week at a bodybuilding gym treating that small man syndrome haha,

I'd love to get into full on body building but I just can't afford the food bill! My diet currently consists of around 3000 calories a day and I struggle to put on weight. I'd need a good 4k plus a day.

I assume you're consuming a fair amount of food if you're body building jake?

Couldn't say how much in terms or calories but definately more than most. Always good to count calories if a decent macro calculation can be made, can even be made as extreme as looking into how much is burnt off too (all far complex for a lazy git like me though haha). Could check out a mass gainer for more calories, personal favorite is Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass.

Edit: Just realised your in Hertfordshire (well it says sometimes but close enough haha), used to live there and went to Body Limits gym, freeweights are a bit pants but it has all nesecerry ingredients if you fancied it, they serve food behind the counter and have tellys too which is cool.

Last edited:
Couldn't say how much in terms or calories but definately more than most. Always good to count calories if a decent macro calculation can be made, can even be made as extreme as looking into how much is burnt off too (all far complex for a lazy git like me though haha). Could check out a mass gainer for more calories, personal favorite is Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass.

How serious are you with the BB?

Depends what you mean by how serious?

Edited the last post to suggest a gym, obviously theres no obligation to go but it's an alright place, think it's a fiver or seven quid for a session if ever you did fancy it.

I am in a bit of a routine to balance out the stationary office job I do, teach spin cycling class on a Monday with 40 mins of weights before, usually some weights on Wednesday morning, abs the yoga class on Thursday, morning spin on Friday and cardio boxing on Sunday!
I should be a lean beefcake but I probably have a few too many treats and am not very militant with my intake.

Edit: Just realised your in Hertfordshire (well it says sometimes but close enough haha), used to live there and went to Body Limits gym, freeweights are a bit pants but it has all nesecerry ingredients if you fancied it, they serve food behind the counter and have tellys too which is cool.

where abouts is that Gym? I still work in Hertford and lived in ware most of my life till recently.

When I ask how serious I mean, do you just got to a BB gym or do you compete etc?

It's close to St Albans by Morrisons, according to there website it's classed as St Albans but it's not in the town centre or anything.

My friends compete locally and we also take some controversial supplements, not really any money in the sport though and can't be justified as an investment unless someone has enough cash to take it to crazy levels... even then it's not really feasable though and only the top 10 really make any money from it.

Whats everyone taking as a suppliment? has anyone heard of ZMA capsules?

what about supplements? anything to help the cutting process? if it stays dry I'll be hitting the road on the bike tonight. :)
ZMA is just zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6, i take it every night before bed. Aids recovery. I used to take glutamine, which i swore by, but recently switched.

Supplements depend on goals. But dont be one of these people that rely on supplements to make them. They are what they are, designed to supplement a diet/sleep regime.
NO gains are made in the gym, theyre made out of it, so eat and sleep right, and supplement what you need.

Reactions: Westy and Sandra
Save a fortune on protein fart powder and sports drinks.

Watch a 2012 BBC Panorama , The truth about sports products.

I'm not GYM'N but I am smoking some good *** weed

Getting carbs and protein from real foods is always better then shakes but they do serve their purpose as supplements to a good diet.

I agree with the carbs bit if wanting to gain weight a mass gainer loaded with carbs is a convenient tasty way where an appetite would normally fail to ingest.

The protein side is more limited to the amount the body can normally assimilate so over this is a waste unless there is some synthetic testosterone involved.

As a scientist concluded protein shakes are just an expensive way of getting milk.

It's things that aren't or can't be obtained from a diet that need to be supplemented, then there's macro calculations etc based on body weight, then gear makes calculations harder/impossible... no chance I'm working mine out :p