Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: who here is '' GYM'N '' it?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    What's your opinions on working out with a cold? Normally I avoid exercise as I think it hinders your body's recovery rate plus I'm normally too weak to train. I know some people train with colds and say it speeds up getting it out your system. Any views?
    Definitely good to get your heart rate up if you can as it will improve circulation, helping get rid of the bugs!
    Brilliant Black 61 Plate A3 1.6 TDI

Mods: S3 BE 5 Spoke Rotor Wheels with Goodyear EfficientGrip
    , AppRadio 2, 80% tints, Diamond Vision Headlights

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Unless I've got a really sore throat I always train through illness.
    Feel much better having been up and active.

I don't know if it actually speeds up the recovery though.

1st Gear

Status
    I love going to the gym. I'm addicted. I find it makes me feel alot better after a good gym session but if a skip a day I feel guilty lol.

A3 2.0 TDI SE

Status
    Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    what about dieting/bulking up? I can't seem to eat healthily. all my life ive been used to my ma's chips+ dinners it was always chips and something like sausages or chicken or crap basically. and funny enough im only 11st. tall and skinny. although now im starting to get a bit of muscle, id like to bulk out a bit too. any ideas guys? what are your tips and tricks? protein shakes etc?

1st Gear

Status
    I have 2 protein shakes daily. Eat mostly chicken, eggs, steak and veg that has decent protein in like broccolli and green beans. You want to be aiming for 1.2grams of protein to every pound of body weight. Having said that bulking is all about calories in vs calories out. Usually about 2800 - 3000 is enough for lean bulking

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    It's all about the calories. For bulking you want to aim for 15calories per lb of body weight so for example I weigh 175lbs times that by 15 and I get 2625 cals. Obviously as you put on weight you need to add the calories. I also aim for at least 1g of protein per lb body weight and I have 4 shakes a day to help me get there.

The diet is quite a science and different things work for different people. Read, read again, and read some more. There's a lot to take in but once you nail the diet it's down to training hard. I find it a lot easier to eat well then I do to train hard
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    It's all about the calories. For bulking you want to aim for 15calories per lb of body weight so for example I weigh 175lbs times that by 15 and I get 2625 cals. Obviously as you put on weight you need to add the calories. I also aim for at least 1g of protein per lb body weight and I have 4 shakes a day to help me get there.

The diet is quite a science and different things work for different people. Read, read again, and read some more. There's a lot to take in but once you nail the diet it's down to training hard. I find it a lot easier to eat well then I do to train hard
    I'm the opposite, I train hard but struggle to eat enough lol

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L33h View Post
    I'm the opposite, I train hard but struggle to eat enough lol
    I ready somewhere that "if you want to be a 16 stone man, you've got to eat like a 16 stone man".

I struggle to put weight on anyway and 14 stone is my record so far (I'm 6'1") and I was consuming 4000 cals a day. I'm currently only 12.5 stones but aiming to break the 14 stone barrier next year if I can. It's my approach to training that needs to change and I think I can do it.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    I ready somewhere that "if you want to be a 16 stone man, you've got to eat like a 16 stone man".

I struggle to put weight on anyway and 14 stone is my record so far (I'm 6'1") and I was consuming 4000 cals a day. I'm currently only 12.5 stones but aiming to break the 14 stone barrier next year if I can. It's my approach to training that needs to change and I think I can do it.
    Yeah but if i eat too much i worry about putting alot of fat on lol. I'm around 12 stone atm but I'm only 5'8 so not too bad. I love training, about half a hour after I leave the gym I want to go back haha

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurstie View Post
    Unless I've got a really sore throat I always train through illness.
    Feel much better having been up and active.

I don't know if it actually speeds up the recovery though.
    Same! Its always best to let your body rest when ill though...

1st Gear

Status

Indeed it is... so much to take in! I've learnt loads from UK-Muscle Body Building Community - Bodybuilding Forum.

A3 2.0 TDI SE

Status
    Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I'm just getting over the flu and want to get back at the gym again. but this time I want to switch things up a bit. last night I went to see thriller live.... (must see) fantastic dancers and all round brilliant night!! but the dancers were unreal! the fitness those guys have is inspirational!! I dont want muscles the size of my head I want to be bruce-lee fit!!.... ok I know that would be highly impossible but you know what im aiming for. my downfall is my diet. Im a picky eater and unless it has cheese or chips... i aint interested. im not fat either, just unfit-ish. im 10 stone and pretty slim but no athletic shape just yet. any tips on diet even?

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Finally hit 50kg dumbells on presses :D, time to move gym
    JudderMan likes this.
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by supanova View Post
    I'm just getting over the flu and want to get back at the gym again. but this time I want to switch things up a bit. last night I went to see thriller live.... (must see) fantastic dancers and all round brilliant night!! but the dancers were unreal! the fitness those guys have is inspirational!! I dont want muscles the size of my head I want to be bruce-lee fit!!.... ok I know that would be highly impossible but you know what im aiming for. my downfall is my diet. Im a picky eater and unless it has cheese or chips... i aint interested. im not fat either, just unfit-ish. im 10 stone and pretty slim but no athletic shape just yet. any tips on diet even?
    You don even want to know how strict you have to be with your diet lol. Also HIIT is the king of looking ripped.

ps. I've seen Thriller Live and it was cool. Try get the whole audience dancing.
    JudderMan likes this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Status
    I've put 1.5kgs on in the last 3 weeks from a new compound routine and an extra 350 calories a day. Only at 81kgs so still a fair bit to my goal of 90.

I need to purchase a squat rack as the weight is getting too heavy for me to press over my head to get it on my shoulders safely. I also still need to pick up my bench and 50kgs of plates from my parents house.
    JudderMan likes this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

4th Gear

Status
    I've had 5 weeks off got married and been hella busy) and feel like crap for missing so many training opportunities. Back on the bike and Strava-ing (HIIT at its finest), deadlifts, squats and sprints (more HIIT) + 15 mins every morning doing a small circuit of bodyweights to get my heartrate and metabolism stoked

Well done sliced and Westy for your achievements, this is what I need to hear to kick-start me back into it.
    Westy and sliced like this.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

Status
    Good stuff Judderman. It's always good to get back into it. Love the DOMS when first getting back into lifting.

My new favourite day is a Monday because it's squats day. I used to hate leg day (and it shows!) but now I can't get enough of it.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sliced View Post
    Finally hit 50kg dumbells on presses :D, time to move gym
    nice, i got to 48s, but id realised that my barbell press was weak, weird how these things work eh, so i sacked dumbells off to work on that. In the end id alternate weekly.

2nd Gear

Status
    promised myself for about 8 years i'd join the gym, my main reason not to was i hate the stereotypical gym person (looking in the mirror - taking swelfies wearing thoms and general douchebaggery)

2 years ago i bit the bullet at 6'3 and 14st, started of as typical noob - no form - no clue - no diet plan. after 6 months i decided to use the PT who asked me what i wanted which was basically mass, so set me up and showed me the best way of going about it and most importantly how to lift properly.

unfortunately after a few sessions i was really pushing it on the shoulder press and burst a blood vessel in my brain, lost sight in my right eye temporarily and resulted in 5 days in hospital with all sorts of tests and lumbar puncture (comfy)

after a couple of months i eased back into it and have been going well so far ever since, i'm now upto 16st and feel a lot more confident about my body, i'm currently doing GVT workout - i don't really have a strict diet but cut out most of the crap and only drink water and 1 protien shake per day.
    Westy and JudderMan like this.

6th Gear

Status
    Quite fitting this thread popped up again as i`ve finally joined the gym on friday so first session tonight!
    Westy likes this.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by olethalb View Post
    promised myself for about 8 years i'd join the gym, my main reason not to was i hate the stereotypical gym person (looking in the mirror - taking swelfies wearing thoms and general douchebaggery)

2 years ago i bit the bullet at 6'3 and 14st, started of as typical noob - no form - no clue - no diet plan. after 6 months i decided to use the PT who asked me what i wanted which was basically mass, so set me up and showed me the best way of going about it and most importantly how to lift properly.

unfortunately after a few sessions i was really pushing it on the shoulder press and burst a blood vessel in my brain, lost sight in my right eye temporarily and resulted in 5 days in hospital with all sorts of tests and lumbar puncture (comfy)

after a couple of months i eased back into it and have been going well so far ever since, i'm now upto 16st and feel a lot more confident about my body, i'm currently doing GVT workout - i don't really have a strict diet but cut out most of the crap and only drink water and 1 protien shake per day.
    Sheeet, that's scary. My mate burst one in his neck and gets 'thunderclap' headaches now. All this trying to better ourselves and get fit seems to cause so much injury (I separated my shoulder in April on my MTB)....never got injured ramming pizza in my face

Good going everyone, us Audi drivers are all meat heads!!
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Quite fitting this thread popped up again as i`ve finally joined the gym on friday so first session tonight!
    Go hard or go home. Good luck.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Just going to start off easy and not hit the weights too hard atm. Probably do more cardio to begin with and some lighter weights at the end to ease myself into it. Stupidly unfit so if i go in hard i`ll die. Did that before so never again lol.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Status
    It turns out 50kgs is the most I can squat! Well, I can easily squat more I just can't shoulder press 50kgs from my chest to get the bar over my head and onto my shoulders. Time to invest in a squat rack....
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

XFi
    2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add XFi on Facebook Visit XFi's Youtube Channel
    I'm back at the gym again and attend about three times a week. Finished lowering my body fat now so I'm going to attempt to bulk up a bit. I'm more going to feel better as sitting on my arse at a desk for the last 4 years makes me get out of breath very quickly unless it's moving the mouse and typing on a keyboard

Audi S3 8P3 Stage 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12