Flash for cash!

Ghost

Booooooo!
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe some of you seen this on the news today?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23722573

I for one will flash someone to come out of a junction, thinking what goes around comes around, but now I think motorists will stop doing this because of this new scam.

Any Thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember my Aunt taking me home a week after she passed her test! The sun had just gone down, and we was one side of a narrow bridge, so she was waving frantically for the other driver to come through! lol I told her she needed to flash them at this hour.

Can't even do that anymore?

My personal opinion is just to drive normally as you do, but if flashed to go by, then in the back of your mind you might just take a bit more caution before making the pass, but I see no reason to lose any sleep over it. Must be a thousand to one shot that they pick your car to do the scam!

HighwaY code. Flash to warn of your presence not to be friendly

Reactions: A4_MaJiK, Oranoco, JudderMan and 1 other person
It never ceases to amaze how scammers always pick on time honoured traditions to f*#k up. @udi's right of course, but still it's a **** take.

I'd castrate all of them.

HighwaY code. Flash to warn of your presence not to be friendly

Exactly. Shame you've stopped at reading about the middle lane of a motorway, but you're right.

I used to live in a country where you beeped your horn to notify other (mostly blind and stupid as ****) motorists that you were there. It worked. Flashing your lights over there meant you wanted to be past or you were going to undertake them because they were sat in the middle/outside lane (@Audi A3..take note)

Reactions: S3-Sandy, A4_MaJiK, ESD1711 and 1 other person
Exactly. Shame you've stopped at reading about the middle lane of a motorway, but you're right.

I used to live in a country where you beeped your horn to notify other (mostly blind and stupid as ****) motorists that you were there. It worked. Flashing your lights over there meant you wanted to be past or you were going to undertake them because they were sat in the middle/outside lane (@Audi A3..take note)

I always beep on blind bends, not only for moterists but more for pedestrians

flash me in the middle lane all you like, I have an auto dimming mirror now lol

I have always been a bit sceptical of being flashed out of a junction or similar after almost previously having a crash.

Someone flashed me out of a junction so I went, another car undertook the car which flashed me out, almost hit me and called me all the ****s under the sun.

This 'flash for cash' has just reinforced my scepticism :(

Even when flashed to go I assess the situation and make sure in my mind the gap is ample and I can make the gap. As said you flash to warn of your presence not to yield.

Reactions: Ghost
If they flash me and bash into my car, I will bash them.

Reactions: JudderMan, hades-, @udi A3 and 1 other person
front rear and side in car cameras, or maybe a gps operated drone following you around with a birds eye view transmitted to your HUD... bit too 007 maybe?

I had a boy reverse into me one night at a set of lights in Edinburgh.

he then started asking for my insurance details and his wife/ gf/ bint was starting to complain about a sore back!!
I politely told them that I wasn't giving them my details under any circumstances!!

the scum in the passengers seat then starts talking about calling the police so I explained that if they were to do that the next best thing to do was call for an ambulance as I was about to smash the boys scull open on the nearest kerb stone.

the boy then gets in his car explaining that he would be getting the police extra and all sorts of threats.
I told him what I thought and explained what I would do. Its been several years and ive still never heard anything!!

now I saw how he reversed into me. it was a hard hit to damage the rear of his car. it wasn't an accident.
this was a quick scam. but if it had been someone else they might have took it lying down or not been as firery tempered.
where as I was a bit different to what he expected. and yes back then I would have smashed his head in.

the car I was driving at the time was an old mk1 cavalier that I only wanted the engine out of for my manta.
I couldn't really have given a sh1t about it as long as the engine was ok. and this boy just picked the wrong night to try and scam someone.

This is why I have front and rear cameras fitted, and side ones being looked into! There are so many scumbags on the make now!

Absolute nobs. A sick minority making our lives a bit less liveable with each twatish act. To the anyone who's gonna bash these people, I hope I am on your jury, or can be a favourable witness.

I hope for your sake its also a liquid form or you may need the shower gel afterall, as well as the imperial leather bars lol

Bit worrying how much knowledge you have.

I always beep on blind bends, not only for moterists but more for pedestrians

flash me in the middle lane all you like, I have an auto dimming mirror now lol

Middle lane hogging will now cost money and maybe points if it's PC copper is flashing you from behind auto dimming mirrors or not so beware

Middle lane hogging will now cost money and maybe points if it's PC copper is flashing you from behind auto dimming mirrors or not so beware

Great idea as I can't stand people who hog the middle lane there's absolutely no reason to do it.