• 1 Post By Sandra
  • 1 Post By MBK
  • 1 Post By NHN
  • 1 Post By Audi Dynamik

Thread: Nightmare Holiday

6th Gear

Status

Angry Nightmare Holiday

A couple of years ago i went to Australia with my family of 5 for 3 weeks to visit relatives, Remember when Australia was on the news all flooded out ? Yep we was there, had a terrible time it rained for 3 weeks straight and we couldn't wait to get home.

Anyway, This year we have decided to book for North of France and travel there by car. 10th August - 17th August.
    We have cut the holiday short, yesterday we had enough already after 2 days ! we booked the euro-tunnel last night back to UK.

We hired a house and it looked lovely in the pictures so we decided to go with that particular house, when we arrived on Saturday (10th) the house smelt foisty and nothing were working properly and it was dirty, there were tubs of rat poison down the cellar. The upstairs of the house was nice and the beds were clean and comfortable but everything else my god. (I am not really one to complain about things but this was outrageous !
    There was nothing much to do in the area either and was extremely boring.

Now here comes the worst bit !

We went out for tea at 6:30 pm and the sun were beaming on the French motorway and it was completely clear straight just like a runway so the temptation was too much and i went for it, dropped it down a gear and and caned it down the motorway completely unaware that i was approaching a roundabout soon with copper stood at it with a speed gun

I got the roundabout the French policeman was stood in the middle of the road and flagged me to the side of the roundabout.
    He then asked for my licence which i didn't have because i sent it off to the police in the Uk for them to put the points on for my previous speeding ticket and my licence didn't come back in time for me to carry it in France so the Police wanted to know why i didn't have it. At this point they told me i am banned from driving in France so my wife had to take the wheel and follow the unmarked smashed up police car back to the police station but she was all upset because she had never drove on the wrong side of the road before and somebody nearly hit her on the slip road and that it when we decided we are going home.

I was in the Police station for 1 hr 30 mins and i had to speak to a translator on the phone, they caught me at 113 mph but could of got me at hell of allot more so i was lucky, they cannot put any points on my licence but they fined me £750 !!!

So we booked an early ticket back on the Eurotunnel, When we arrived at UK customs this morning they found it suspicious how we only came for 3 days and the car had to be searched and 1 million and 1 questions asked then they let us go.

It has been a complete disaster.

Has everybody else had a good holiday ?

Lesson learnt, i am not speeding ever again
    jojo, NHN, bez101 and 1 others like this.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Unlucky Bernie, should have come to Audis in the Park instead!
    NHN and Andy Crooks like this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

6th Gear

Status
    If i knew it would of ended up like this then i would of gutted i missed it !
    I have done 900 miles since Saturday for nothing.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    Oh blimey that is a shocker of a story, I always feel it's the wasted time you can't get back. We had a similar nightmare Caribbean holiday when a guy jumped into the sea to try and rescue 2 kids caught in the tide, the kids were saved but the guy died of a heart attack straight afterwards, not much of a holiday atmosphere after that.

Looking on the bright side if the saying 'bad luck comes in threes' is true then you've cleared your slate!

Oddly even having lived in Europe for 6 years I only got caught speeding once (oops I mean I only ever broke the speed limit one time, of course) Germany in our Fiat Cheekyc*nto (commuting car) as we used to call it. The cop waved his little red baton at me, showed me the video then sent me to his mate to pay the instant fine. I'm glad I had cash on me it was the only way to pay back then!. Both Polizie had refused to speak a word of English up to that point. Once I'd paid up they both started laughing and said "we didn't zinc your pedals car would speed ha ha ha"!

And even though £750 is a hit it's better than the bus and your push bike for a few months as it might have been over here!

Cruise control has saved me from myself so many times, highly recommended!

6th Gear

Status
    Oh god, that would just leave you thinking about it all holiday that's dreadful.

Hahaha cheecky sods !
    I had to pay mine by cash luckly i had the correct amount on me otherwise god knows what would of happened.

If i would of been caught over here at that speed i certainly would have to get bus !

Yeah Cruise control is brilliant, had it set at 69mph 300 miles from Folkstone to Manchester in quite heavy traffic and allot of average speed at 50 and 60 with air con on and averaged 39 Mpg.

Status
    Bernie thats just so horrible an experience. You wont be visiting france again. X
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

6th Gear

Status
    I know Sandra it was dreadful. At-least i am back home now and i will be not be visiting for a long while.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    I know Sandra it was dreadful. At-least i am back home now and i will be not be visiting for a long while.
    Next time Bernie, you just come to Scotland, you know how beautiful it is here. I dont like france much either. x
    Smaller (Local) Events

6th Gear

Status
    Aye, It is beautiful up in the Highlands Sandra
    I have been to France before North and South before and loved it but this time it was just a total disaster.

Status
    Its beautiful in the west coast. See you next time your up, you let me know and i will get a few of the members together for a mini meet in your honour Bernie. x
    Audi Dynamik likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events

6th Gear

Status
    Good idea Sandra !
    What i was happy about though, when i was waiting to board the euro-tunnel train a French bloke got out of his car and walked over to my car and asked me if he could take some pictures of it. The guy was from Paris and he said that he had a white A4 and put all the bodykit on to make it look like a Dynamik but he had to sell the car and he said he has never seen a real Dynamik before he said "You have a very beautiful car"
    I was killing my self laughing he was crouching down taking pictures of the car and everybody was looking and my sons was so embarrassed

Status
    You do have a beautiful car Bernie. x
    Audi Dynamik likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events

1st Gear

Status
    I will never holiday in France again, the place we stayed at was lovely and the people who owned the Gite were great but it was a nightmare from start to finish. My ex's brand new astra GTC broke down and had to be recovered to a Opel garage where no-one spoke english, only to be told the car was fine after 3 days. The kids also got stung by wasps and my daughter got bitten by a dog! Couldn't wait to get home after that.

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks Sandra
    Oh god im not the only one which has had trouble in France then

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Innocence80 View Post
    I will never holiday in France again, the place we stayed at was lovely and the people who owned the Gite were great but it was a nightmare from start to finish. My ex's brand new astra GTC broke down and had to be recovered to a Opel garage where no-one spoke english, only to be told the car was fine after 3 days. The kids also got stung by wasps and my daughter got bitten by a dog! Couldn't wait to get home after that.
    But what has any of what went wrong got to do with France? All of that could have happened anywhere.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    As a half Dutch/half French guy I recently saw speak - 'Fons Trompenaars' what an amazing name - says "you might think the world would be a better place if the French stayed in France!" He's just being humorous not rude before anyone is offended, he works in international culture.

He does add that being half French and Dutch does not make him Belgian which he says would be infinitely worse!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    But what has any of what went wrong got to do with France? All of that could have happened anywhere.
    Nothing but I was dubious about visitng anyway as it's not been the top of my list for a family holiday, but as it was a last minute cheap getaway I thought why not! Some people love it, I'm not one of those people.

Sick & Wrong.

Status
    Nah, I must admit it doesn't really appeal to me either.
    As Jezza says "Cheese eating Surrender Monkeys"
    A3 S Line Quattro in Phantom Black.​ Shark Stage 1.
    Crimson & Black Leather Seats.
    BBS CHs wrapped in GoodYear UltraGrip 8's.
    Diamond Vision Lights with LED sides. 6 CD Changer. Rain & Light Pack. Auto Dimmer Mirror.
    S3 Pedals. De-Badged. Auto Folding Wing Mirrors. Ice White Fogs. ​Heko Wind Deflector.

1st Gear

Status
    Spain never appealed to me either tbh, but I actually quite like it there now I've visited. I guess you have to try these things to see whether your a lover or a hater.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Innocence80 View Post
    Nothing but I was dubious about visitng anyway as it's not been the top of my list for a family holiday, but as it was a last minute cheap getaway I thought why not! Some people love it, I'm not one of those people.
    I am not a big fan of holidays either really, i get bored after a week, i like a week in one country and a week in another.

1st Gear

Status
    Don't get me wrong I love to travel but some places just don't take my fancy for one thing or another! But I will always try just incase. I'm off to Florida next year for two weeks and can't wait, won't just be doing the usual parks but hoping to travel down to Miami etc and do a bit of sight seeing. Would love to do a fly drive across America, also want to see the ruins in Rome, Safari in Africa and stock riding in Oz! As you can tell I'm not one for laying on a beach sunning myself.

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry, pal - late to the party...

Aw - bad spell of luck really, mate :-(
    Its just one of those things we know its wrong or illegal,
    but we just love doing it - until it catches up with us.

Its like most cars can go up to 120mph.
    How many actually stick to 70 - until caught once - and most never get caught...

Sorry digressing.
    Has your missus recovered now?
    Your bank account back in black?
    And am sure your pride and day was all made up by the Parisian taking pics of your Dynamik.

Next time the Autobahn then (and/or the ring too)? :-)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Its a fine night in Venezia :P
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Its a fine night in Venezia :P
    Cheeky sod
    NHN likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chan110 View Post
    Sorry, pal - late to the party...

Aw - bad spell of luck really, mate :-(
    Its just one of those things we know its wrong or illegal,
    but we just love doing it - until it catches up with us.

Its like most cars can go up to 120mph.
    How many actually stick to 70 - until caught once - and most never get caught...

Sorry digressing.
    Has your missus recovered now?
    Your bank account back in black?
    And am sure your pride and day was all made up by the Parisian taking pics of your Dynamik.

Next time the Autobahn then (and/or the ring too)? :-)

Ahh well, the sun will shine again

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    Cheeky sod
    Damn you must be low, to take nearly 24 hours to catch me on that one lol.

PS. Man its been hot today, problem is fella, I'm English lmao.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Damn you must be low, to take nearly 24 hours to catch me on that one lol.

PS. Man its been hot today, problem is fella, I'm English lmao.
    Didn't realise you posted !
    Yep its cracking the flags here

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Feck me did it piss down last night & most of today, stopped this afternoon/early evening, but man monsoon city.

6th Gear

Status
    Got a letter from the French Police today all written in French (Thank God for Google Translate)
    Saying "You are prohibited from driving on the French territory for a term of 04 months 00 days"
    Thank God its not UK !

1st Gear

Status
    Never had any issues in France. Went last year and this summer racked 2500 miles up each visit. Already booked for next year. Ive driven in some countries without issues. Think you were just unlucky.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Avnt View Post
    Never had any issues in France. Went last year and this summer racked 2500 miles up each visit. Already booked for next year. Ive driven in some countries without issues. Think you were just unlucky.
    Well whatever you do, don't speed !
    They sit at the round about in 15 year old estate car all smashed up full of dents with a speed-gun and they will give you a hefty fine on the spot !

1st Gear

Status
    Guy who we rented cottage off last year got caught. As he's English as well he got escorted to the nearest cash point for his fine. Was only €90 thou.!!!!!!! I think you got bummed dry

6th Gear

Status
    My speed was 53% over the limit that's why !

1st Gear

Status
    Jesus