Stranded!

audi_girl

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Got in the car to drive home from Manchester today (only about 150 miles away), 1/2 mile down the road my engine mgmt system warning light comes on and the car is running like a dog - think it is the coil pack gone.

So RAC come out, they book a tow truck which can't deliver it to my local dealer until tomorrow lunchtime.

I can't get a hire car to get home 'cos my driving license is at home, and now the flights into Heathrow are cancelled due to the weather !!!!!!!!!

Blimey O'Reilley !!! All I can think is that there is obvoiusly some reason I shouldn't be at home tonite - perhaps my house is about to catch fire or somethin g!!!

Sorry to hear about this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Are you getting onto the internet through your mobile phone or have you done the wise thing and checked into a nice warm hotel for the night.

I am checked into a hotel, but I am in the office trying to finish the presentation I was due to be giving in London tomorrow am - thankfully a colleague has stepped in but have to finish writing it !!!!!!!

Sorry to hear Jo.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif This is the kinda thing I was thinking off when I posted about this cold weather this morning.. I just hope I'm not next..

It'll be interesting to see if it is inded the coli pack - my wife has an A3 1.8T so I guess that if this cold weather persists she is in dange of getting stranded.

Sh!t, glad you're ok Jo!

Yet another engineering triumph from our german friends! The mind boggles! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Not sure if it is the weather - it has been a bit flat for a while and idling badly - perhaps this has been building up !

just hope the flights are on tomorrow, otherwise I'll be travelling North tomorrow night to pick you up :S
another long day.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If you are coming up North, make sure you drop in an see me! I'm only down the road! Quite near the Haydock junction on the M6 and very near to Junc 13/14 M60/M62. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
John, you do know that's past Watford mate! lol hope you have sat nav /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I know, I'm in Brum tomorrow so it's only a little further /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Guy at work with a current model Audi A4 1.8T, just stopped me in reception to say his coilpack had gone this morning and Aston Green told him "that they have about 30 cars waiting and they estimate he wont get his car back till the 30th March"!!!!!

sort it out Audi *** - they are dropping like flies...

I just called Aston Green to tell them my car was en-route on a tow truck, and they have refused to take it.

Apparanatly them and Reading have closed to all new cars.

What am I supposed to do !? No car, no transport. It's awful - why would I ever want to buy an Audi again?

New cam belt, new timing chain, huge oil leak caused by dealer and now this !

Jo,

If I were you I'd ring round Audi dealers yourself. Try Links Audi Macclesfield (01625 612200). Ask to speak to Huw on the service desk, tell him Alan with the silver S3 recommended you to them. I know that when my car was in over Christmas, they had some coil packs, he might be able to help you.

AL

Jo - since you car is a comany car, should'nt your fleet office deal with it?

Aston Green took the guys car at my work because that is where we get all our Lease Plan vehicles from

Yeah but in their hands I would end up with some dodgy hire car, and they can't get me a coil pack any quicker !

Aston Green aren't where we get the cars from either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I just called Aston Green to tell them my car was en-route on a tow truck, and they have refused to take it.

Apparanatly them and Reading have closed to all new cars.

What am I supposed to do !? No car, no transport. It's awful - why would I ever want to buy an Audi again?

New cam belt, new timing chain, huge oil leak caused by dealer and now this !

[/ QUOTE ]Cant see how they get away with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Audi car, Audi main dealer, known fault/poor quality part and then nooooooo customer service March for a 15 minute part discusting, who pays for the Hire car?

[ QUOTE ]
it is a clear night, the stars are out!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm sorry but that just cracked me up...
Very amusing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif