Been workin away......

WOLF

Reaction score
Ive been working away for the last week in hastings erecting a compound for a construction site,first time working away and first time down south!

What a week...........i'll keep it simple,,

soaring temperatures

ground was like bell metal(solid clay and stone) 20 posts to dig

quest house was musty smelling

whilst trying to give a young seagull a drink that flew down where we were working in a plastic tub i was attacked by the parent birds,trying to defend myself i threw the tub with water at the bird for it to soaked 'me' through not the bird!

finished the job at 1.30pm(thursday 18th),decided to travel back up north at 2.45pm,traffic was horrendous on the a21,m25,m11.........eventually arrived home at 9.30pm.The people who have to use these roads everyday must go through hell.

So glad to arrive home to my beloved yorkshire and spent at least 2 hours with my wife on our 26th wedding anniversary.:yes:

What a week and certainly never again...ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!

i travel the 25 a few times a week
iv got a run down at 230am monday and night time on there is just as bad

and i always love getin back to sheffield after a few days down there.

i travel the 25 a few times a week
iv got a run down at 230am monday and night time on there is just as bad

and i always love getin back to sheffield after a few days down there.

It can only be described as the road from hell mate!!

Went on a bit of a European road trip with some friends of mine a few years ago and on the way out, we made it from the UK (Dover) to Germany (via France, Belgium & The Netherlands) in 4 hours.

On the way back, there was an accident on the M25 and it took me 4 hours to get from Kent (Sevenoaks) to Essex (Southend).

Went on a bit of a European road trip with some friends of mine a few years ago and on the way out, we made it from the UK (Dover) to Germany (via France, Belgium & The Netherlands) in 4 hours.

On the way back, there was an accident on the M25 and it took me 4 hours to get from Kent (Sevenoaks) to Essex (Southend).

That sounds a painfull ordeal nicki!!

you actually made me lol about the seagulls and getting yourself soaked!

Aviod the m25 at all costs.

Being from the south you learn what times to be on the m25 and what times to go through the lanesss, lanes are fun!!

Being from the south you learn what times to be on the m25 and what times to go through the lanesss, lanes are fun!!

Certainly not my idea of fun matey.............i felt like poking pins in my eyes:laugh:

Mum and dad are driving to Folkestone on Friday from Worcester and yes you guessed there using the m25 there leaving just after lunch and there shuttle is about 6.20pm, they have done the route before but there going to have fun