My day at Goodwood on Thursday 11th July 2013

kwistof

South East Events Moderator
Reaction score
So as per the title,

This time last week I was enjoying in the sunshine walking around petrol head heaven aka Goodwood Festival of Speed.

My friend and I had an amazing time at the event and also got to meet Adam (site owner) and the drift king himself- Joe (jojo). (Much appreciation for sorting the tickets out Adam and also for the goodies from yourself and Joe - plus I have to say a special thank you to Sandra for her background help:thumbsup: )

It has to be the best motor show event in Europe and I urge anyone who hasn't been to go and experience it! Think of it like a Disney land for Petrol heads :yahoo:

Apologies for my rubbish camera skills - they were all taken on my Iphone 5 in one hand and a beer in the other! lol

Anyhow, enough typing - I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Reactions: Ghost, rjm180, NHN and 1 other person
As you have probably noticed, the above pics are all Audi cars :rock:

Here is some of the other makes that are just as mouth watering -

(Disclaimer: I hold no responsibilities for the mess anyone makes when viewing these pictures)

Reactions: Ghost, rjm180, NHN and 1 other person
​Awesome pics Chris, glad you enjoyed the day. :) x

Hey Kris, I totally forgot to do a write up! Good to meet you too. But a big thanks to Adam and Audi for giving me freebie tickets for the event. I've never been before, and I'm now motivated to do the event on the main 2 days over the weekend next year!

Since the Motorshow doesn't exist anymore in the UK, this is basically a modern day outdoor version, with only the high end stuff on show, you won't find SE's or base spec cars here, it's top of the range stuff!

With the sun beaming, I was glad I put some sunblock on before I set off, be warned, I set off @7am, and got there at nearly 12! The last 7 miles took me 1hr!! That gave me only 5 hours or so only at the event, which was vast! Much bigger than I had imagined, hence I fancy doing it over 2 day next year.

All in all, a great day out drooling over fancy metal, what more would you want aye.

Reactions: kwistof, NHN and Sandra
***, you guys were all there, why didn't anyone tell me as I was also with my brother, Adam didn't say he would be down.

Yes many thanks to Adam & Audi UK.

I have some pics somewhere, need to dig them out.

Also I got the best pic of the day, wonder if anyone else there spotted what I did :)

Was such an amazing day and I managed to tick of a few more super/hyper cars off my list I've seen :)

Didn't know you was going NHN- otherwise I would have PM'd ya to meet up and have chat at the event.

Yep, many thanks to Audi UK as well - I stupidly didn't know you could get access to the hospitality lounge on the Audi stand just by showing your Audi car keys! lol My mate and I got distracted by a few things as well....

This picture may explain it better :D lol

p.s. Joe it's Chris....I'll explain the reason behind 'kwistof' next we catch up- which I assume would be AITP

Attachments

• Caparo.jpg
    Caparo.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 105