Downloading problem??

Rev-head

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Looking for someone that has any info on Downloading

I am using Limewire to downlaod films music so on...........Music has been no problem fast ..but when coming to Films it has been a nightmare i have tried to download but when tying to preview to make sure they are good qaulity it is telling me that it can not play because of Codec problem /software not on Window Media.............

Things i have down i have went on to Uploads and downloaded every codec possible to help ..........and downloaded other players to see if it helps but still have the same problem

The files say they are MPG or AVI but they cant play them...at first i thought they were corrupt but it is happening with all the time now?...........

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

.............Steve

you should get windows saying codec recquired or missing check windows to search, if you goto windows site and serarch for the codec you should be ok, soz not much help but i had same prob ages ago, but not computer literate, i just went to windows site and downloaded the codec, my problem was trying to get avi files on my Archos pvr to play on lap top think i needed Divx codec

Is Limewire any good? You been getting any problems with adware\spyware, viruses, etc?

No spyware,virus,adware..............good that way

Tried all the window stuff but not helping???

Cheers

Steve

Have downlaoded DivX already ,that played some Films but not helping with this one...

Preview in these kind of applications never really works that well. Download an app called AViPreview (www.avipreview.com). Run avi preview, and open the movie file that is being downloaded. This should work much better.

Anand

i think you have to download at least 25% of the download before it previews correctly in limewire. The films you are trying to preview will probably work using Quicktime but you will need to go to the main library downloads folder and preview it from there while it's downloading. Or take a copy and paste to a temp folder to play part of the download.

yes, i agree torrents are the best way to download. full speed (as long as you have plenty seeders/sharers of course) and what the filename says is what it is. so not so much need to check if it is a dvdrip or not for example. try http://thepiratebay.org/ and for a torrent client use azureus.

Cheers Guys

the codec pack is installed how does it work?............do i have to manaul activate it?

Cheers

Steve

No once you install the xp codec pack it just works when required...just additional files for the media player thats all.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,
Looking for someone that has any me that it can not play because of Codec problem /software not on

[/ QUOTE ]

for some torrents some are encoded with a codec that it just plain strange, it plays the movie/ episode in media player but there is no sound.

I found this nice little app called mplayer that plays everything that i have come across so. it's not as neat as media player as it has no interface, just drag the file on on the executable

you can get a program called gspot (???) that tells you what codec was used to compress the video and audio and if you have a suitable codec installed to decode it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,
Looking for someone that has any me that it can not play because of Codec problem /software not on

[/ QUOTE ]

for some torrents some are encoded with a codec that it just plain strange, it plays the movie/ episode in media player but there is no sound.

I found this nice little app called mplayer that plays everything that i have come across so. it's not as neat as media player as it has no interface, just drag the file on on the executable

[/ QUOTE ]

DivX Program does this as well...........

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
try http://thepiratebay.org/ and for a torrent client use azureus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Installed it and downloaded True Crime New York City for xbox. Started last night and finished this morning. Not bad for 1.6 Gigs. Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DivX Program does this as well...........

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I use DivX to encode some movies, but there are other encoders that are used that do not come in the codec pack

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm