iPhone or iPod Touch

Reaction score
I've lost my classic and although I didn't use it too much, I miss having 80G of music in one place. Both the iPhone and the touch will never give me so much flexibility in choice of music, but should I just use my phone or buy another iPod.

I'm currently on the train with 2 albums on my iP5 and I am starting get annoyed with the buzzing sound when the phone searches for a signal. Is this normal? I have never used my phone for music until now.

Thoughts or experience would be appreciated.

I have an iPhone 5 and use it for music at work but have never heard of a buzzing noise when phone searches for signal and my phone is constantly searching..........****** orange! Could be a potential issue with your phone!?

I would go for an iPod classic, sooooooo much more storage space than the iPhone and iPod (touch/mini) offer. I have an old classic I keep in the car for my music, it is a little annoying having to carry both an iPhone and iPod around but I am fed up of having to constantly delete music from my iPhone so I can add new/different tunes.

By the way, 'supposedly' the new iphone/iPods will offer upto 128GB of storage, which is much more like it, considering the uses the iPhone/iPod has these days.

Ah, modern smart phones! They are multi media devices first and phone second these days in my opinion. I'm guessing 90% of us use anything but the phone function a majority of the time!

Not to start a typical android/ iphone debate, but I just got a galaxy s4 and stuck a 64gb card in it, so it's got shed loads of space now. Perhaps an option? Or are you wanting to keep the iphone?

I have an iPhone 5 and use it for music at work but have never heard of a buzzing noise when phone searches for signal and my phone is constantly searching..........****** orange! Could be a potential issue with your phone!?

I would go for an iPod classic, sooooooo much more storage space than the iPhone and iPod (touch/mini) offer. I have an old classic I keep in the car for my music, it is a little annoying having to carry both an iPhone and iPod around but I am fed up of having to constantly delete music from my iPhone so I can add new/different tunes.

By the way, 'supposedly' the new iphone/iPods will offer upto 128GB of storage, which is much more like it, considering the uses the iPhone/iPod has these days.

Do you use the earphones provided? I've never taken the headphones out of either my 4 or 5 boxes. I noticed after having my iPhone 4 that the sound quality was better than my iPod.

Not to start a typical android/ iphone debate, but I just got a galaxy s4 and stuck a 64gb card in it, so it's got shed loads of space now. Perhaps an option? Or are you wanting to keep the iphone?

I know the iPhone 5 gets a battering, but an Android phone would have to be absolutely spectacular for me to sway away from the ease of use of an iPhone.

Ah, modern smart phones! They are multi media devices first and phone second these days in my opinion. I'm guessing 90% of us use anything but the phone function a majority of the time!

See friends always keep telling me about the great deals you can get with certain service providers, but what's the point if you can't make and receive calls! I'm satisfied with paying the extra to be able to use my phone pretty much whenever I want it, even in the house. I can't help but laugh when friends and family, including my wife are hanging out of my windows trying to get a signal.

The s4 is a great phone, but if you're happy enough with the iPhone I don't think you'd like the change. I got bored of iPhones so changed, and love the change. But for a few years I was all about the iPhone and no matter how good the phone I just couldn't be persuaded to change.

I'd prob stick with the classic in this case. It's a dedicated music player and just keep your iphone for calls etc.

Do you use the earphones provided? I've never taken the headphones out of either my 4 or 5 boxes. I noticed after having my iPhone 4 that the sound quality was better than my iPod.

For the first time ever, I have actually used the earphones provided or should I say ear 'pods' as apple call them.

The earpods are great not the best by far but they have been designed from the start, for the iphone 5, instead of just supplying 'some' earphones with your iPhone.

I have been sorely tempted to move to Android (Samsung or HTC) as I am getting a little fed up with apples funny little ways of doing things but the GUI of the iPhone is great, so simple and easy to get a grasp of but is soooooo limited in functions compared with android. Oh and I am not liking the look of the new iOS 7!

I will wait to see what apple come up with next, it's gotta be a game changer as far as I'm concerned, otherwise I'm moving to Samsung/HTC.

The latest HTC phone with its single sheet of aluminium (sounds a little familiar!) gets a good write up in stuff magazine compared to the Samsung and Sony, but it doesn't have an SD slot which will put Samsung users off. I agree IOS 7 front end doesn't look that impressive, but I know a few people who have switched to apple and said the userbility is so much easier and with iTunes the music interface is better.

I used to have a good pair of buds, but unfortunately they are with my iPod! I'm considering buying these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003V9QDXK. So maybe I should try them with my phone and see how I get on.