Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By voorhees
  • 2 Post By Ads

Thread: eBaY conundrum?

S3 Drift King!

Status

Question eBaY conundrum?

Morning all, got a strange one here. I have an item on 'buy it now' and 'best offer' on eBay, naturally, I expect the best offer will be used, with the buy it now as a guide price to what I'm actually after. It's always worked for me, as I decline all the silly offers.

Anyways, this one guy has made a silly offer, which I declined, and he fired an instant 2nd offer, 50 quid more than his previous offer, which is bang on what I'm after for my item! This got me suspect, as they usually go up a few quid with their offers, so I went to see his feedback, and this is what you can see!

Lol!

I'm scared of accepting the offer, then time wasted for a month, and having my feedback ruined(I'm on 100% positive feedback), since I've not put item to be picked up in x amount of time.

What you reckon? Accept or Decline? No one else has made an offer, and the item has been there for 3 weeks already.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    DECLINE.

2nd Gear

Status
    Absolutly decline and block him from making any others mate

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    DECLINE.

Why are you even asking this question Jo haha
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by carl-1968 View Post
    Absolutly decline and block him from making any others mate
    Can I block him Carl, there's a function for that?

2nd Gear

Status

Status
    Accept
    16Klappe and Artimus like this.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Send him a message telling him your onto him and blatantly ask if he has any intention of paying and take it from there. If no reply then bin him.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    Wouldnt give him the time of day. Massive decline and block if you can.
    By the way, what you flogging??
    Last edited by johnnythepie; 14th July 2013 at 12:14.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Is this a trick question?

6th Gear

Status
    accept.
    Force the sale on him through small claims. ebay will remove any negative feedback wrongly given to you
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

S3 Drift King!

Status
    A set of alloys, the guy called my mate up on one of my other auctions! Lol. My mate didn't know what he was on about, so called me up right after to pass me the number! Looks like I may have a cash sale after all, if the dodgy bugger actually turns up tomorrow morning?!

He's based in Coventry, which is 20odd miles away.

Watch this space! Lol

6th Gear

Status
    if the person placing the offer has the savvy to check your feedback and other auctions and use a number on one of them to make contact, hes probably genuine.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

2nd Gear

Status
    We will Jojo lol

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Morning all, got a strange one here. I have an item on 'buy it now' and 'best offer' on eBay, naturally, I expect the best offer will be used, with the buy it now as a guide price to what I'm actually after. It's always worked for me, as I decline all the silly offers.

Anyways, this one guy has made a silly offer, which I declined, and he fired an instant 2nd offer, 50 quid more than his previous offer, which is bang on what I'm after for my item! This got me suspect, as they usually go up a few quid with their offers, so I went to see his feedback, and this is what you can see!

Lol!

I'm scared of accepting the offer, then time wasted for a month, and having my feedback ruined(I'm on 100% positive feedback), since I've not put item to be picked up in x amount of time.

What you reckon? Accept or Decline? No one else has made an offer, and the item has been there for 3 weeks already.
    its not just the buyers on ebay that mess people about . I recently won an audi 2.0tfsi exhaust from a performance company in chester it was a no reserve sale so I placed a bid of £100.00 no one else bid so I won it for 99p . I sent the company an email telling them I would pick it up one day last week I checked my emails on the morning my nephew was going for it a round trip of 106 miles from Manchester when he arrived at the company they point blank refused to let him have it . the guy started stuttering and made up some story of how the customer who,s car it came of did not like the miltek he had fitted and wanted his original exhaust put back on . I am led to believe that it is a binding contract when you buy or win something on ebay so in the eyes of the law this is theft as I own the exhaust to say I was pi$$ed off was an under statement

3rd Gear

Status
    Technically it is a solid contract but if they refuse to sell and do not take your money then hard to take further. Courts cannot give compensation, only refund your money if you have already paid. Seller can claim they have lost / damaged the goods.

At the end of the day, if the seller did not get what they wanted and refuse to sell then can only leave negative feedback. They should've pulled the ad if it was not getting enough response or set a reserve
    S3 Sportback

6th Gear

Status
    I won a leon 06 plate for 99p yesterday same scenario. i paid with paypal and text the guy who refused to give his address, i called and told him in clear english i was coming to get it, and keys or not i would drive it away (i have the tools to do that ).

He refunded me apolagised, explained how he does this to circumvent ebay fees, and relisted as a classified.

good job im nice enough to accept that. Doubt he will do it again.

1st Gear

Status
    To be fare you would be pretty stupid to think you have won a Leon o6 for 99p

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked666 View Post
    Technically it is a solid contract but if they refuse to sell and do not take your money then hard to take further. Courts cannot give compensation, only refund your money if you have already paid. Seller can claim they have lost / damaged the goods.

At the end of the day, if the seller did not get what they wanted and refuse to sell then can only leave negative feedback. They should've pulled the ad if it was not getting enough response or set a reserve
    sorry I forgot to mention that I had paid straight away through paypal he refunded the payment but this makes an absolute mockery of ebay and they should be banned

S3 Drift King!

Status
    So much for turning up between 9-10, he finally got here just after 12 though.

I told him firm on x amount over the phone, he still tried to bargain with me! I told him, look, I would rather stick them back in the garage than take another tenner off, he soon got the message, after I started to roll the wheels towards the garage! haha Got near enough to what I wanted, and no ebay fees, so result!

Dodgy fkr!

Status
    He sounds okay to me :D Gotta try and barter a bit

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yendall24 View Post
    sorry I forgot to mention that I had paid straight away through paypal he refunded the payment but this makes an absolute mockery of ebay and they should be banned
    You're not out of pocket so relax. eBay fees are high so most buyers list the cheapest way they can. If its a ridiculously low price then can't blame them. Should've offered say £50 if you'd bid £100 and he may have accepted.
    S3 Sportback

3rd Gear

Status
    You're not out of pocket so relax. eBay fees are high so most buyers list the cheapest way they can. If its a ridiculously low price then can't blame them. Should've offered say £50 if you'd bid £100 and he may have accepted.
    no not out of pocket except the half day and a 106 miles worth of diesel

3rd Gear

Status
    Shoulde checked before you travelled. What if they were out? Also should've negotiated when got there. I'm not saying what happened should've but you won at a silly low price and knew that which is why you went straight there. Guy just didn't keep a track of his auctions.
    S3 Sportback

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolo_8p3 View Post
    To be fare you would be pretty stupid to think you have won a Leon o6 for 99p
    Personally think he was stupid driving ebay fees up for the rest of us.

I just got offered 250 for my xperia z, asked them to call me to discuss 'terms' ie off ebay or on ebay, they say they are not good on the phone, didnt answer my call, but expected me to deliver in person and accept cash, alarm bells ringing, anyone willing to buy a phone like this but not able to talk on the phone or get there partner /friend to smells fishy to me. buyers id now blocked on ebay. :D

3rd Gear

Status
    Shoulde checked before you travelled. What if they were out? Also should've negotiated when got there. I'm not saying what happened should've but you won at a silly low price and knew that which is why you went straight there. Guy just didn't keep a track of his auctions.
    if you read the post I contacted them by email to tell them I would pick it up . they never got back to me to say don't come I won an auction which I bid £100 on the fact no one else placed a bid is not my fault you say it was cheap and that is why I went straight away ? don't understand that bit it was a company and this is why I presumed they would be open at 11 am on a Monday . so basically you seem to think that I am at fault for winning the auction fare and square

3rd Gear

Status
    Least you can leave negative feedback and report him to eBay. If he does it 3 times I think he gets banned.
    S3 Sportback

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Accept
    as Jase only got 99%...

3rd Gear

Status
    Least you can leave negative feedback and report him to eBay. If he does it 3 times I think he gets banned.
    that's just it I cant leave negative feedback because he cancelled the bid even though the auction had ended and I won it he was still able to cancel the bid pathetic really makes a mockery of all ebay rules