French hotels/routes, any advice really!?

robthehungrymonkey

Reaction score
I'm going to the French Alps on New years eve for my annual mountain fun, to Les Gets which I know very well. This year though, I've decided to drive. After last year, when the rental car cost more than the rest of the holiday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

So...

Does anyone have any recomendations for anywhere to stay or any particular roads that are fun, or anything really. Mainly for the return journey, as the journey there will be a motorway affair with a stop at Reims at a motorway side hotel, then a final burst down to Les Gets to make sure we get there in time to celebrate the new year properly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

The return leg will be a much more enjoyable and leisurely affair, so any recommendations for that would be appreciated. Best guide I have so far is the "Dream Ferrari Drive" route they did in EVO a few months ago

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I was in Les Gets this March - good place.

I would suggest you use the alpine routes and head north rather than west. TBH I always use the peage to get down there and then play on any of the local roads as they always satisfy. My fave is the route to Menton (Monaco) from Turin via the Col de Tende, but thats on a bike in the summer. If you head north you should end up in Munich, then you can sample some Autobahn stuff too before finding yourself at the ring which will be closed. Sorry not much help.