Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kwistof
  • 2 Post By voorhees

Thread: Race Marshalls

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status

Race Marshalls

Seen as this is a car enthusiasts forum and most of us being petrol heads for want of a better term, I was just wondering if anyone on ASN is a qualified race marshall within motorsport?

It's something I am considering doing in my spare time and wouldn't mind having a chat with someone who already does it or if anyone has any good information/advice.

Thanks in advance, Shaun.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I worked with one who was based at Silverstone,it is completely on a volunteer basis and you pay for most of your own gear.

6th Gear

Status
    Speak with some of them. I was talking to a marshal at mallory park and he was saying he's been doing it for years after he stopped racing.
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Was this bought about due to DC on the BBC1 explaining that they are looking for marshalls?

Have a look here mate as here's some very useful information and details on how to get into it-

Get Volunteering | Go Motorsport
    ShaunS3 likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    I worked with one who was based at Silverstone,it is completely on a volunteer basis and you pay for most of your own gear.
    Yeah I thought it would be on a voluntary basis but i wouldn't mind getting involved with something like this and donating some of my spare time to help out.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Was this bought about due to DC on the BBC1 explaining that they are looking for marshalls?

Have a look here mate as here's some very useful information and details on how to get into it-

Get Volunteering | Go Motorsport
    Thanks mate.

No it wasn't from a BBC campaign, the idea just popped into my head after watching the last round of BTCC and thought it may be something i would like to do in my spare time.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunS3 View Post
    Thanks mate.

No it wasn't from a BBC campaign, the idea just popped into my head after watching the last round of BTCC and thought it may be something i would like to do in my spare time.
    No worries.

I think they said there was a courses happening in the next week actually - should be some more information on that link. Let us know how you get on though mate- this will be something I'll be looking into next year as I have a couple of circuits near me and wouldn't mind getting up close and personal to the track and lend a hand.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    i did it for a moto-x series my mate raced in. its good fun

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunS3 View Post
    Yeah I thought it would be on a voluntary basis but i wouldn't mind getting involved with something like this and donating some of my spare time to help out.
    Big John enjoyed doing it and I think he still does it now even though he is retired,he had a pic of him helping Schumacher after he came off,our gaffer noticed he was wearing works gloves at the time
    Sandra and Arrkon like this.