Nintendo Wii U

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Does anyone have one of these? Any point in owning one? I currently have a Nintendo Wii, a PS2 collecting dust and recently inherited an Xbox 360 for free from my cousin, but my son wants a Wii U, as he's a Mario Bros nut!

There good at first joe but the controller is so big your hands begin to ache, chap at work has one played it for few months solid then got fed up of the big pointless controller, he sold it and bought a PS3.

I can't be bothered to replace our Wii. The boys haven't really said anything either, so don't think I will bother. I am sure as my eldest gets older, he will be more interested in a PS or X-Box

I have one and I'd have to say no. I love gadgets but still waited a long time (for me) to buy a Wii U, the idea is good and at first you are wowed by the two screen control and use on some games. But and it's a massive but there just aren't any must have games. Monster Hunter Ultimate and Lego City Undercover were the 2 games that persuaded me to finally buy the Wii. Since then there has been nothing. Nintendo Land is just a showcase of the console abilities and to help you lean the controls - sadly unlike Wii Sports it's instantly forgettable after one play though. You'd have to be a massive Mario fan just to buy for that game alone. All the other games Batman/Need for Speed Most Wanted etc are better on the other consoles. The Wii U feels very much current gen rather than a next gen console.

Mine will be either given to one of the kids in the family or traded soon, consoles need a good stream of games to make them viable and Wii U doesn't have that or look like it will have it anytime soon. I'm actually thinking of trading the Wii U for a PS3 (I did have one a couple of years ago but again gave it away when the special games dried up and GT5 didn't imo match up to Forza 4) for the Last of Us and ready for GT6.