Topgear

So the GT40 only does approx 74 miles per tank full, how much did JC spend on fuel getting to the fancy bridge? Whats the tank size and fuel consumption of the GT40? I remember hamster taking the pi$$ as he was a few miles short each day getting to the Top Gear studio and had to refill.

GT_p_concept_04.jpg

Beautiful car though IMHO.

[ QUOTE ]
i dislike it.. its a race car.. in my eyes.. and should have never been available for road use...

[/ QUOTE ]

Race car?
Are you kiddin' me?

That's an overweight boulevard cruiser next to a proper race car...too heavy and nowhere near sharp enough...it's a road car through and through...

[ QUOTE ]
So the GT40 only does approx 74 miles per tank full, how much did JC spend on fuel getting to the fancy bridge? Whats the tank size and fuel consumption of the GT40? I remember hamster taking the pi$$ as he was a few miles short each day getting to the Top Gear studio and had to refill.

Beautiful car though IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think they said something like 7mpg from memory, autocar say 12.3mpg for combined...

and yes please, although I'd have the ferrari with a roof out of the cars on the show.

[ QUOTE ]
New Focus ST is 225PS from a 2.5L 5 pot engine IIRC. Surely a remap/chip will give it 300BHP easy!

[/ QUOTE ]

its a volvo T5 lump so make that 500bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The drive to that spectacular bridge was to connotate and emphasise how spectacular the cars are! Loads of people I have spoken to have said: "I don't see why they drove all that way just to go over that bridge" but that is the point in itself! It's over the top - like the cars, and the bridge.

I thoroughly enjoy the challenges they set themselves. Well thought out and entertaining along the way. Sure the cars are out of most people's budgets, but they demonstrate some of the things to take into account of having a supercar...such as the petrol stops and the close encounters with the curbing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Thus giving it all very 'real' factor that we can all relate to.

...I guess for those that don't quite enjoy the show and it's satire there is always 5th Gear? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dislike it.. its a race car.. in my eyes.. and should have never been available for road use...

[/ QUOTE ]

Race car?
Are you kiddin' me?

That's an overweight boulevard cruiser next to a proper race car...too heavy and nowhere near sharp enough...it's a road car through and through...

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i ment it as in, it should have been a race car and not a road car...

[ QUOTE ]

sorry i ment it as in, it should have been a race car and not a road car...

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a thought...
Loose 300-400Kgs...add lots of carbon, tune the engine...Ahh...that's better!