AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    6th Gear

Status

Convertable laptop recomendations

Does anybody here use them? What do you use and what for, what spec, and what gripes?

I currently have a 17inch sony vaio i7, and a zoostorm sl8 tablet.
    I initially bought the vaio for gaming and doing work online. Recently not interested in gaming but considering buying a console. This laptop is seriously overspecced for the work i do on it now, and the tablet screen is really too small.

I have been doing more and more diagnostic work, and while the tablet is great with VCDS alone, the screen is too small to research and work with eeprom dumps efficiantly, but the 17inch vaio is just too big and cumbersome, hindering me half the time.

The solution I think is to replace both machines with one convertible laptop, it doesnt have to be i7, i3-5 would be fine. I'll likelly need to duel boot win 7 and 8, i like 8 on the tablet, but it seems too 'app like' and again doesnt run all my software easily.

The screen should be bigger than the 11.6 of the tablet, but not too big maybe 13-14inch. When working at home and needing a larger screen i would want to use an external display.

Maybe im more talking to myself outloud, I sort of know what i want and need, but want your opinion and experiences.
    I dont want to spend out on a toughbook, luckily im quite carefull and rarely damage anything accidently!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Toughbook CF-19 fits the bill nicely very cheap and robust :D
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*