******' Snow!!!!

28v6

Take care people out there, its starting to get quite thick , and theres all these dummys that think they can drive at speed in the snow and handle it....NOT!!! Just witnessed a TT trying to pull out on white van man and..... hit it instead!!!!

So take out there Huh?? As an old 80s police show used to say... "Lets be careful out there..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

29, pleasant? sounds ****** 'ot to me.

I don't know what the fuss is all about...

I took the C4S out for a play in the snow last night...did 40 miles on snowy roads admiring the view of the road ahead out of the side windows.

There's nothing quite like 295 wide rear tyres and a touchy throttle to focus the mind! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seriously though, the roads are awful...and you still have the 4X4 brigade who sail past everyone oblivious the the fact that the still brake like normal cars...

Did you actually cover 40 miles, or was it more like 30 with the other 10 going to wheelspin from your drifting antics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
40 is hot... -5 is deathly... :))

[/ QUOTE ]

Deathly ? .... is that so........ so what do you call -5 but add the windchill factor to make it feel like -12..... ****** Deathly ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Did you actually cover 40 miles, or was it more like 30 with the other 10 going to wheelspin from your drifting antics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all...I was at the launch of the Cayman - the OPC is 20 miles away...so I actually travelled 20 miles there, and the same home...how many were recorded on the mileometer, I have no idea! Somewhat more perhaps?

That's the test drive booked in the Cayman S too...hopefully the snow will be away by then!

Cayman S ? IIRC, JC wasn't that impressed with it on top gear on Sunday...... Nevertheless, each to their own I guess and a test drive is always good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I'm in Scotland too, but no snow for me - too near the coast. Glen, did you have to dress smart to blag the test drive LOL

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in Scotland too, but no snow for me - too near the coast. Glen, did you have to dress smart to blag the test drive LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he did, was dressed in shiny yellow. I'm sure that would get you into most Porsche parties! lol

[ QUOTE ]
Cayman S ? IIRC, JC wasn't that impressed with it on top gear on Sunday...... Nevertheless, each to their own I guess and a test drive is always good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But JC is an idiot who is on a one man hate crusade of all things Porsche.
Funny that in all the reports Ii've seen from credible journalists, it's highly rated...same time riound the 'ring as a 996 Carrera!

i'm expecting to like it...

[ QUOTE ]
Glen, did you have to dress smart to blag the test drive LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha-ha!
You've met me...I don't do smart.
Jeans, Tee shirt and trainers is my attire in all conditions...including visiting Porsche dealerships (especially whan visiting Porsche, BMW, Mercedes etc dealerships!)

I'll turn up in my finest (and most worn) driving shoes and weathered Tee shirt...and enjoy the blast....just as I enjoyred their free bar last night and fancy food...mmm!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he did, was dressed in shiny yellow. I'm sure that would get you into most Porsche parties! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct!

They had even reserved a parking space right next to the showroom - in full view of all - for the yellow C4S!
How very thoughtful... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct!

They had even reserved a parking space right next to the showroom - in full view of all - for the yellow C4S!
How very thoughtful... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How did they get the new Porsche out of the showroom with the C4S parked in the doorway? :))

[ QUOTE ]

How did they get the new Porsche out of the showroom with the C4S parked in the doorway? :))

[/ QUOTE ]

The new Porsche wasn't going anywhere in that weather...

..and I wasn't parked in the doorway...I was adjacent to it.
There was a silver aerokitted 996TT parked right at the door...

I think jc pinched coxster from pistonheads it was on there months ago, I also think that clarkson struggled to find any real negative points with the cayman