bad cops! need to get a life

fallmonk

Turbo Sport
Reaction score
Website
www.filshill.co.uk
Mate informed me of this from the SIDC forum(scoobys) copper needs to get a life ,and go catch real crimimals.

Driving along to work today and passed two coppers in an unmarked car. Dont know why i noticed them but i did.
They followeded me (behind another car) for five minutes down the road and off at a junction.
By this point i was driving by the book because i knew they were there and didnt want to get pulled over.
They overtook the car behind me and squeezed into the gap directly behind me and pulled me over.
Was expecting to get the usual check over for insurance, tax disc etc, mabye a few questions about my exhaust, sunstrip, or check tyres.
Had all my preplanned excuses/reasons running round in my head but nothing prepared me for what he said.

Him "Good morning Sir, do you realise you have a dirty number plate"
Me "I didnt realise it was that dirty"
Him "Do you have a cloth"
Me " I am afraid i havent got an old cloth in the car"
Him " Would you like to step into the patrol car sir"

Ended up with a £30 fixed penalty for dirty number plate.

Moral of the story:

When a copper asks if you have an old cloth, jump out of the car, take you sock off and clean the number plate. No sock is worth £30

I personally feel that vehicles should be completely free of any form of monetary fines, be it for smooth tyres, lack of licensing, speeding, etc. However, should the owner/driver of the vehicle be involved in an accident, then the courts should be able to administer very high punishment. Individuals are intelligent enough to get by without constant harrassment, sure, have basic rules that people should follow, but stop this nonsense of fining people and wasting police person hours on non-issues. I feel it is no longer real policing but has become yet another source of "easy" revenue for bloated governments around the world.

From my practice I have to visit alot of rural patients, in this weather my back plate can be covered in crap in about 4 miles. If I got pulled I would apologise and wipe it clean.

Well i washed my car weds at 3 pm took the wife to a do then picked her up later covered 18 miles tops and it looks like i never washed the S, So would I get done ??? doesn`t seem right but I know where they are coming from .

and i bet any police car that pulls you over would be covered in cr4p too. unless they are incredible sad (like most people on that police forum seem to be) and wipe it every 5 minutes so it stays clean and shiny.