Chris NottJMB Retrofits

Thread: Dundee

4th Gear

Status

Dundee

In Dundee next week on holiday visiting friends. Haven't been for a good 5yrs. So any nice scenic roads and ideas of things to do?

Might have my vagcom with me if anyone's stuck and needs a quick sca
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    All depends on what you want mate.....your not far away from the A9 if you like scenery. Good road if its kinda empty but can be plagued by the caravan brigade that dont stop for anyone.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

4th Gear

Status
    We're staying in a lodge at Cargill. And friends are at Dundee. I like a bit of scenery and good driving roads . Got a week to fill so looking for things to do without breaking the bank. Had an l200 pickup last time we went so the driving out and about wasn't as nice

Then staying in Livingston next Friday
    Last edited by rizzini7; 20th June 2013 at 23:11.
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ESD1711 On Twitter Visit ESD1711's Instagram Channel
    If you want a bit of scenery, i'd maybe recommend taking the long way up to Dundee through the fife coastal route - loadsa nice wee spots that take up to St Andrews and then you can access Dundee via the Tay Bridge.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    If you have a week then get your self over to Skye and the West Coast......probably the most breath taking scenery in Scotland. Myself and Mrs.B took 10 days out last month and went over there. I had never ventured over that far west before but I can tell you I will go back again..............and there were NO midgies.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    If you have a week then get your self over to Skye and the West Coast......probably the most breath taking scenery in Scotland. Myself and Mrs.B took 10 days out last month and went over there. I had never ventured over that far west before but I can tell you I will go back again..............and there were NO midgies.
    Sounds like a plan for next year mate. We've got a wooden lodge and hot tub booked for the week so can't stay away. We usually go to see friends in Durness nice long trek. Did a Durness - Ullapool - Inverness - Durness for a McDonald's and some shopping before lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cargill was the place where even we stayed. It was a fun ride and stay, specially the scenic view that we got from the hotel. Really a fun place to travel even with the family and even as a couple. Go there to get your mind refreshed.
    Life is Dexter. auto repair Fort Lauderdale is best, try it...!!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaDuff View Post
    Cargill was the place where even we stayed. It was a fun ride and stay, specially the scenic view that we got from the hotel. Really a fun place to travel even with the family and even as a couple. Go there to get your mind refreshed.
    Certainly needed. Really looking forward to a week away
    Last edited by rizzini7; 21st June 2013 at 18:58.

A pint of Diesel please!

Status
    Is there a marmalade museum
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

4th Gear

Status
    Well, back after a good week. Eventually anyway, broke down on the way there had breakdown out twice (battery finally gave up I think) typically on a sunday. But a quick trip to halfords (who apparently don't fit audi batteries if its not straight drop wtf?) luckily the bloke gave me a hand and we got it fitted. £136 lighter and we were on our way again.
    Glad I fitted cruise control as it seems to of saved a fair bit of fuel. First time I've seen 200miles for half a tank lol.
    Had a great week enjoying the scenery visiting plenty of places, the hot tub and visiting friends. Made the mistake of driving into Edinburgh (wow). Good to see they're doing the tram lines again.

Sadly, 1300miles later and we're home again . Better start planning our next holiday.