Download 2013

wolfie138

Reaction score
Anyone going? i'm heading off on Sun, purely to see Rammstein. Staying in a hotel for the night so i think given the fuel, room and ticket costs the gig's gonna be costing me about £3 a minute :-D

last time i was at Donington was when Maiden played the Fear Of the Dark show, i think a fair percentage of this year's crowd won't even have been born then, that makes me feel effing old!

Wolfie,

thanks mate just reminded me that I first saw maiden in 1981 with Paul Di'anno and saw Bruce with Samson two years before that ...... This will be the first maiden tour I will miss in ten years ...... Enjoy your day in the sun .....

Would love to go purely to see Slipknot

Oh and i cant forget i`d kill to see Enter Shikari again. Reading last year was amazing seeing them and now just listening to them on Radio1 its made me desperately want to see them again!

Last edited:
Reactions: sliced and voorhees
Before enter shikari went all popular and cool i went to see them, and the venues roof caved in so it was cancelled :(

I bought my mum and dad tickets in 2011 i think, when aerosmith were on, saxon aswell i think.

Ive never been, purely because the line up has never been that great since metalica headlined in, 2005 i think? And at the time i was a poor college student so couldnt go :(

imo sonisphere is a better event, fair less commercial, lots of great bands.

Wolfie,

thanks mate just reminded me that I first saw maiden in 1981 with Paul Di'anno and saw Bruce with Samson two years before that ...... This will be the first maiden tour I will miss in ten years ...... Enjoy your day in the sun .....

lol, soz. i know the feeling though, first saw Maiden in 84 on the World Slavery Tour, cracker of a show. saw Maiden's first appearance at Donington when they set the attendance record, top three on the bill were them, Dave Lee Roth and Kiss, storming show. that was in 88, so it's my silver anniversary this year :-/

not sure what the place will be like, now it's got stages all over the place (i would've thought all the sound would have conflicted, but i suppose it doesn't if that's how they set it up) but i'm dying to see Rammstein, just hope the weather's sensible, though their pyro will probably burn off any rain in the vicinity :-D

Reactions: superkarl
lvz2.jpg

say no more.

Reactions: superkarl