Topgear Reminder - BBC2 8PM

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
You know you want to watch the greatest car show on earth, and for all you Audi fans out there, it's the new Audi RS4 test tonight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I hope this gets a good review, as there's an a$$hole at work that loves to highlight ANY (and I do mean ANY) problem/slating with Audis ever since I got mine, and I can't really say "shut the frank up" as of the work environment etc etc. He really believes EVERY word said on Top Gear too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

...maybe I should have bought that Corsa like him in the first place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for the reminder Joe, cant wait for the RS4 review, its bound to be good!

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reminder Joe, cant wait for the RS4 review, its bound to be good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it about time you bought yourself a FAST car Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

well actually joe, have been looking at a few S3's over this last week, hehe

[ QUOTE ]
well actually joe, have been looking at a few S3's over this last week, hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

ooooh, come join the club bud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

i took out an ABT S3 today 280bhp, still didnt feel as fast as your bud, weird, or maybe im just used to the diesel torque??

[ QUOTE ]
i took out an ABT S3 today 280bhp, still didnt feel as fast as your bud, weird, or maybe im just used to the diesel torque??

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remap your Quatty Rich, should be plenty fast enough, and retaining good mpg! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Yeah think your right Joe, at least i'll see a bigger improvement, think it shud run to 190bhp with bags of torque, hehe

so apparently the review is putting the RS4 up against a rockclimber (according to yahoo). so it should be a fun review to watch...and dare I take a guess at a probable outcome of the RS4 winning? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

well minded. As said, you just know what they will say - vague steering, heavy, understeers! Maybe we will get a surprise.

Superb!

Seriously, I have driven round the Gorges De Verdon and it was the most scary experiance of my life, what with italians driving in the middle of the road and nearly pushing you over the edge!
Trying to do that run at any speed at all is not easy!

An M3 beater, well you gotta give it to JC and his comments, its a quality car with big performance and at that price tag, like hes says its a bargain!! Now wheres my winnin lotto ticket....

A top episode, that RS4 was absolutely awesome!

I dunno about you guys but the best line for me was:-

"I find Esther Ransen attractive" Class. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

wow- read reviews a few months ago - but the rs4 rules!

[ QUOTE ]
A top episode, that RS4 was absolutely awesome!

I dunno about you guys but the best line for me was:-

"I find Esther Ransen attractive" Class. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, she's better looking than the Cayman, that's for sure!

Top episode! I enjoyed every moment of that. They even took it round their track and got 1.25m! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe it, JC liked it, WWOOOHHHOOO

I knew i shoulda driven the ones at Audidriver Int,lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I wished they brought one to the event.

Damn nice car & really rare to get a good review from clarkson.

...so my guessed outcome was wrong and he didn't beat the climbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but they had a slight advantage on the way back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol. brilliant episode none the less and a decent review.

how much fun do radio control real cars look? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif makes me want to even buy a model one!

[ QUOTE ]

how much fun do radio control real cars look? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif makes me want to even buy a model one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was absolutely hilarious watching James May driving the remote Granada with Hamster Hammond into the gravel trap. Of course there was revenge when Hammond demolished the Garage and contents... like to see 5th gear pull something like this off...

Awesome review. When Clarkson starts a review with praise you are always waiting for the "However" and then he normally slates the car in question, but he just kept praising it.
Best quote was "this is the best engine that has ever been produced".
Amazing!

Oh no. Now I have to save for a TVR and an RS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I was thoroughly impressed. I was also waiting for "but wait..." but it did not happen. I think Audi, for once, have got it so very right!

The thing I keep wondering (call me synical) is what exactly is the new M3 going to be like, BMW will have been seeing the almost unanimous praise for the RS4, I think it’ll be interesting to see an M3 with a V8 and then have a comparison.

That all said, I want an RS4 and a TVR like marctwo.

[ QUOTE ]
The thing I keep wondering (call me synical) is what exactly is the new M3 going to be like, BMW will have been seeing the almost unanimous praise for the RS4, I think it’ll be interesting to see an M3 with a V8 and then have a comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, even though the RS4 is great, BMW might well end up including a free Moon with the new M3. Even so, I'd rather have the RS4 and be able to use all the lanes on the motorway and have the ability to switch my fog lights off!

[ QUOTE ]
That all said, I want an RS4 and a TVR like marctwo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice choice !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

the new beemer now comes with moon lights as standard, lmao

[ QUOTE ]
My BMW came with a sticker saying "Audi drivers get off the BMW bandwagon - it's boring now!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They can be supplied /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Isn't the BMW Bandwagon the name of the new 3 series Touring?
Or are they gonna be honest and call it a Cavalier