5th Gear reminder - not!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Tried to post a reminder before the show started, but this site wouldn't let me log on, did anyone else have problems?

For anyone who missed the show, Shell Optimax is better than BP Ultimate and supermarket fuel, for those cars that can make the most out of higher octane fuel. eg. Turbo cars with 200bhp+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
And anyone whose invested in a TT QuattroSport will get their ar5es whipped by a Nissan 350Z out on the track! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
The rest of the show was a bit crap to be honest...

It is rubbish, but I still watch it every week!

Was very surprised by the difference in fuels so quickly, maybe everytime i've "polluted" my engine with anything less than optimax, I'll reset the ECU!

The banter is terrible, despite the fact I like Jason Plato and Tiff (more for the old-school top gear days - anyone remember him scaring the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif out of Clarkson in the passenger seat!). And their stories are all just bad versions of top gear! (the blind man getting the speed record, interesting and impressive, but they spent far too long on it. And the top gear equivalent, with the blind man doing a full lap with clarkson telling him where to go, much more interesting).

.... but as I said, it's got cool cars in it so I watch it every week!

Yeah boars me but i still end up watchin it, lol

I was suprised that the Vauxhall got rated so high by these guys, cause its a shocker, even in the EVO mag they slated the car and how the old RS Focus was a much better car, Evo did a review a couple of months back, was the Vauxhall astra vxR, Golf GTi and that Renualt cup thingy which was also on 5thgear. Good readup.

And TDI very well said!!

Never ever watched it. It just sounds like the old Top Gear, but with the interesting stuff (i.e. Clarkson) taken away, and the boring stuff (i.e. everything else) left behind.

I like top gear and 5th gear. none of the presenters can drive for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif on TG tho. Clarkson has been tryin to power slide cars for 30 years an he still cant do it!

VBH, tiff an plato are top class drivers especially tiff.

Clarksons funny but he does talk a lot of crap

Fifth Gear does my head in. Tiff has got a stupid smile and does the same thing every week. Vicky has an Annoying laugh and the overall feel of the show is poor.

Although I still end up watching it!

I was expecting more from that Astra VXR, but the handling was p*ss poor!

Got to be Top Gear instead.

Top Gear for me...... 5th Gear just seems put together all wrong! Hate the way they do the sitting round the table chatting.....who cares! Best thing about it i have to agree is Tiff's driving he sure can drive! HAve to agree with Mark regarding the VXR couldnt believe the amount of understeer handled like a row boat!

Why is anyone surprised that the Astra didn't handle?
They've never managed to make one handle, even after the aquisition of Lotus.
I remember a quote from a review of one of the GTE's (think it was the Mk2). They said it felt like sitting on a tea tray being towed by Thrust2!
Don't know quite what it is about 5th gear, the ingredients are all there (albeit stolen from TG) but it is just painful to watch. I guess it's the chemistry between the presenters which works so well on TG, but fails miserably on 5thG. It's all too scripted and you get the feeling the presenters know it's cr@p.
Have they actually come up with one original idea on the show yet?

I was quite supprised they did'nt have a dig at top gear this week although i may have missed it dont think the can get through a programme without having a bitch or a snide comment here or there but like the rest i still watch it for some reason not yet known.

What we really need to do is take the 5th Gear format with cars being properly driven + JC and add them together...oh wait thats what TG was like a few years ago...

(I hate those two guys with JC on Top Gear, that hammond guy reminds me of someone that did regional consumer reports before he got his big break the git!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

new series will be called..................ta daaa... 6th Gear, hehe, they're so creative its untrue lol

[ QUOTE ]
Just remember if it was not for 5th gear there would be no top gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about!!! Top Gear has been out long long long before 5th Gear!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just remember if it was not for 5th gear there would be no top gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about!!! Top Gear has been out long long long before 5th Gear!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Read it again and you may get the joke...

Surely it would just be 4th gear, which used to be top gear when I was a lad!

ohhh those were the days, 4 gears and a choke pully, lmao oh what fun, i used to use my choke in my mini to gain a few mph top end, hehe

[ QUOTE ]
Very droll!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hook, line and a complete collection of angling times... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Sorry forgot where I had posted this so it has been a while
Top gear got cancelled on the BBC after clarkson left, so the crew went to channel 5 to do fifth gear.
The BBC got nervous so they tempted clarkson back with an hour long slot and some big wedge.
If Tiff, Vicky and Count Quentin(in the first series) had decided to go their seperate ways and not to C5, then top gear would probably never have returned to the screens

Not me, I can't get Channel 5.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
but we'll still be watching it hey mark! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

I am worried that I'll miss something interesting.