Extreme Polish Job

NEiLS3LK51

Reaction score
AllyA8Side.jpg

AllyA8Back.jpg

Taken from GasPrices.pps

Been done before..... by me I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif nevertheless, very nice.......

Nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I remember seeing this a couple of weeks ago on a link someone sent me at work. Apparently, it's not just polished, the panels are actually made of silver!

Must weigh a ****** ton!! Alright if you can afford it s'pose.

Says its Silver but looks more like Aluminium and the bodywork of the A8 is all Aluminum as standard I thought.

Yeah plus someone on here or TSN found the weight for Silver compared to Aluminium, and it's more than 4 times as heavy.....

Still possible though... Didnt Prince/The Artist formerly known as/The Artist/Symbol whoever have a car gold plated once? Maybe its just silver plated?

Yes, density of silver is 10490kg/m3 whereas Aluminium is 2700 so would be substantially heavier and the aluminium would be easier to keep shiney.

I believe its just polished aluminium... I guess they've lacquered over it too stop it corroding too.

Rich

the thing thats been puzzling me sinse I first saw this pic, things like the bumpers etc won't be alu on the original car, so how have they done them!

I'm guessing they polished most of the car, then sprayed the plastic bits, either that or they just sprayed the whole car...

They sent thier spray guy on a course in the US i believe to learn how to spray the Alu effect paint for the plastics, as you an see, it comes out like chrome

I think then the rest is polished and laquered to stop the sand from sand blasting the car

Oh god, not this old chestnut again, please no more..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif