Bus lane fine!!

Dazmo

Reaction score
Need some advice please,

Drive in a bus lane accidentally in my company car, fine went to hire firm, then they added admin fees, then they forwarded it to my company who are now docking my wages £62.50

the offence was on 30/03/2013, hire company billed my company with invoice on 19/04/2013 and they have just informed me today on 14/05/2013.

So I basically cannot appeal as its way over the 28 day period, and now they expect me to pay it all including there admin costs, do I have any rights here? Shouldn't I have been notified earlier with a right to appeal??

probably.
but appeal with what? that you are partially sighted and cannot see road markings, to which they will say well you shouldnt drive.

Your missing the point, I could have legitimately been directed by police into the lane, I could have had to enter it to allow emergency vehicles to pass, all valid reasons for cancellation of fines, the point is if it had been a valid reason, I would have had no chance to appeal.

therefore if this ever happens again regardless of reason, I will always have to pay and be classed as guilty!

i should be allowed a right to appeal regardless I feel it's unjust.

Just pay the fine mate,regardless of how it winds you'll still have to pay the fine.
Put it down to experience and forget about it:salute:

Dazmo, this isn’t a post about trying to get out of it, but do the dates add up?
Iv heard sometimes hire companies send out fines, and when the accused works out the date/time its wasn’t them driving?

Take it up with your employers. It is not the fault of the local authority that it took 2 months for you to find out about it.

Before you raise it with your employer, can I ask if you would have appealed this fine?

Before you raise it with your employer, can I ask if you would have appealed this fine?

Yes, this is what really matters. If you'd received the notification in good time, but would still not have appealed, then you have suffered no detriment as a result of the delay. It's not enough for there to have been a delay, you have to have suffered detriment - i.e. have been placed in a worse position than you would otherwise be in - as a result of that delay.