Post office Alternative

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
With the post office charging me almost £30 for 3 (each item was 1kg and 2nd class) items last week I feel its time to move away from them and go somewhere else.

Who uses what and what do you think of their prices and services?

Go on Parcel2Go.com to price up couriers I would. I only paid £12 ish recently for quick delivery of two driveshafts weighing about 16Kg together.

Reactions: ScottD3
We use APC for all our deliveries and they told us that within the next few weeks that they will be introducing some new price plans for smaller items under 1kg. Looks like potential! :)

Reactions: s3dave and ScottD3
Myhermes or collect+ ftw!

Collect+ now send parcels up to 2kg for £3.99.
I only ever use RM for letters now unfortunately. They're pricing themselves out of it.

Reactions: s3dave
I use Parcels2go and select whatever courier. RM last week tried to charge me £8.30 for 1 bottle of snow foam which was just about 1KG - 2nd class. Parcels2go using MyHermes was £3.80 and it was delivered within 48 hrs. Can't grumble at that.

I sent 2 Parcels today at RM, both just over 1 kg, both exact size,1 going to Huddersfield (15 mile from me) 1 going to cyprus

Huddersfield parcel = £8.90
Cyprus parcel = £5.90

both first class .........

When i questioned where is the logic in that, she said "overseas parcels dont have a size constraint on them".....WTF
Talk about rip of Britain, Deffo boycotting now, its Madness..

I sent 2 Parcels today at RM, both just over 1 kg, both exact size,1 going to Huddersfield (15 mile from me) 1 going to cyprus

Huddersfield parcel = £8.90
Cyprus parcel = £5.90

both first class .........

When i questioned where is the logic in that, she said "overseas parcels dont have a size constraint on them".....WTF
Talk about rip of Britain, Deffo boycotting now, its Madness..

Its getting worse out there.
Not sure if companies are overcharging because they can or trying to cover overheads cause everyone else is screwing everyone.

Collect+
Used em loads. Even introduced Scott to em lol.

They are a bit slow tho.

I can't fault Collect+.
Simple pricing, helpful and the items get there.
Might be slow but they do the job.

Interlink are good for bigger stuff i found, i had a set of alloys sent from Northampton to just north of Dundee, only cost me 24 quid an they usually send a fiver off next delivery voucher so i used that as well, 19 quid and that included tyres.

I'm a dab hand at alloy wheel purchase and shipment lol but that's a story for another time.....

I always use interparcel same kind of thing as parcels to go. I find the Collect+ to be a decent cheap and tracked service.

RM are way to expensive

Sold an induction kit today so need to sort courier, was planning to use myHermes but on a whim I decided to look at the Ts&Cs. They won't ship car parts, so they're off the table. Think collect+ are winning at the moment.

I use collect + as I can drop items off at my local garage up to 10pm and it's easier and cheaper than the post office.