worst car

Not trying to blow my own trumpet here but I think I may have a winner...

The worst car i've driven has to be my mums old K reg VW 1.0 "boulevard" polo - it wasn't the fact that it was slow as sh!te but the colour.

Bright PINK !!!!!

and... Just to add insult to injury, I used it to go and see my girlfriend in brighton most weekends. - definately not the place to go driving in a pink car at the weekend!

Mike

[ QUOTE ]
New shape polo 1.2e, loan car, truly aweful.

[/ QUOTE ]

What gave you the impression that a 1.2 was ever going to be a good car?... I quite like the look of the new polo's (better than the golfs IMO). But guess you would HAVE to have a decent engine and spec version.

[ QUOTE ]
and... Just to add insult to injury, I used it to go and see my girlfriend in brighton most weekends. - definately not the place to go driving in a pink car at the weekend!

[/ QUOTE ] Again..... Driving in this was never going to be a good idea. Saying that though, can't imagine it being too unusual seeing a guy in a pink car in brighton. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

To be honest jdp, my memory of the early 90's is a bit hazy but lots of fun... trying to get 200kph to show on the switchable digital dash probably wasn't the smartest idea though!
I do remember that when i bought the car it looked like someone had bitten chunks out of the dash board on the passenger side!

This is the car fingemouse mentioned in a much earlier post, and yes, they look like someone's photochopped them:
http://www.goingreen.co.uk/index.html?PageID=Introduction

I find it damn funny that an optional extra is an extension lead. Haahahaha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Anyway, worst car? Quite possibly the Citroen AX, I drove 3 of varying age and they were all NASTY.
After that, a ford focus. It had uncomfortable seats, was all over the place on the motorway because of strange steering gearing, and it felt like the steering fought against you the more you turned the wheel, so after corners, if you left go of the wheel to straighten up, it span so fast it seemed it could break a wrist. Horrible car. Hopefully just an abused loaner.

thats the one my description wasnt far off then lol

if you go into car showroom and choose a colour then the one round here is iris arrrrrrrrr
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, worst car? Quite possibly the Citroen AX, I drove 3 of varying age and they were all NASTY.
After that, a ford focus. It had uncomfortable seats, was all over the place on the motorway because of strange steering gearing, and it felt like the steering fought against you the more you turned the wheel, so after corners, if you left go of the wheel to straighten up, it span so fast it seemed it could break a wrist. Horrible car. Hopefully just an abused loaner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough the couple of ford focus's I have driven were ****** awfull, one was an 05 reg zetec. I thought they were supposed to be good? Perhaps Ford's large advertising budget helps swing the car mags opinion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif