How to drive the Nordschleife. Proper, like.

if it shows you the car in the clip - chances are I missed it as watching it at work - in bits

Wow great respect and even more so for him doing it in white socks and slip on shoes.....niiiice!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The driver is Stefan Roser (sp?) in the early 90's I think. Although you can't see his hairstyle, I think its fair to assume Mr Roser sports a mullet. But you can't argue with the driving.

The film was done by a German car mag in collaboration with (I think) ADAC as part of an article about the 'ring back in the days when it was more of a tourist trap for the curious, and had yet to become psycho central for Germans (mid to late 90's) or a graveyard for british bikers (2000 - onwards).

The car is indeed a RUF Yellowbird - approx 500bhp in the nastiest most insane chassis imaginable, nothing like today's 911 variants.

I don't know the speeds involved, but I think any other ringers will agree with my conservative estimate of 170mph at Flugplatz whilst going from lock to lock just to keep the car in line.

Those of you who have yet to download and save it - trust me its worth the wait!

Wow dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

That's amazing... white socks and black slip-ons!

I think you will find its actually dell boy trotters yellow robin reliant, as they show the front of car at approx 3mins 25 secs

wow - totally impressive, fantastic use of 4 wheel drifting.

Makes Sabine look like a 16yr old school girl on her first driving lesson.!!

I wonder if she could even get close to his lap time. RUFly 8m.25s wasnt it?

I must admit I love RUF's (the RTurbo in yellow please)

IIRC they guarantee a 8'30 in the 'ring taxi.

Everyone seems to judge her on the video with the Porsche following or on how she drives with passengers. She's there to put on a show and entertain. If she was going to a fast time then she wouldn't showboat so much.

[ QUOTE ]
IIRC they guarantee a 8'30 in the 'ring taxi.

Everyone seems to judge her on the video with the Porsche following or on how she drives with passengers. She's there to put on a show and entertain. If she was going to a fast time then she wouldn't showboat so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kev.

Choice....more sideways pleeeeease!
Michael

"Choice" - bet you enjoyed the Wales game bro!

As for Sabine, Scotty is (as usual) right. Before she became the darling of the Top Gear Scooby Brigade she won a few races around the ring so lets not kid ourselves... If this bloke gave me a lift in his 911 I honestly believe I would sh!t myself and possibly cause a crash.

[ QUOTE ]
Scotty is (as usual) right.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not quite true. I'm often wrong. It's just I try not to post when I'm at risk of proving it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif