Anyones like washing there car and why???

tick

Reaction score
hey peeps just wanna say that i just got my audi on friday 1.8t w reg ming blue with revo chip.I got to wash it today and couldnt believe the satisfaction i got out of cleaning it .Was magic seeing the car look gleaming clean.I was a proud audi a3 owner ,Anyone get that feeling at all????????? dont be embarrased guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Yep neighbours take the p out of me for washing every week, but if they want to go round in mud caked cars that are slowly rusting due to the mud acting as a sponge ( hope that makes sense ) then good on them, when i go to sell the car hopefully it will still be in pristine condition, at least i wont be t cutting it for hours to get the paint work looking nice again.

Me too. The two bozos next door have both just bought 54-reg motors (him a Golf, her a Micra), & neither of them bother looking after them properly. That's why neither car looks a patch on my T-reg A4, which gets a good washing at least once a week, and a waxing once a month.

Despite needing re-furbed again, my alloys still look silver, whereas his just look yellow at the best of times.

Yeah i love when i have just washed and dried my car.

Looks all nice and shiny.

Lots of my neighbours comment on how often i wash it, saying that i will wash it away. I just reply "have got to keep it the best looking car on the street".

The amount of times one of my neighbours has gone by as I'm cleanin ti, & said: "Would you like to do mine next?".

Oh, yeah, right, I'm really going to clean your car for you, aren't I?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Yeah i luv cleanin mine, get so much satifacation too, hate seeing dirty cars! Its just sheer lazyness not too!!

the amount of people who go past and say that "can i wash there car after" i could be rich by now if i said yes to everybody damn i knew i should of said yes.Nah its all about keeping the car in mint condition and making sure that your car is looking the most cleanest on your street hahahahahahaha,
mine is gleaming even when its raining

One of the main reasons I like to keep my car clean and polished is that while I am cleaning her, I'm getting up close and personal with the bodywork. It's the best opportunity to spot any stone chip damage, car park trolley dings, that sort of thing.

Of course, keeping her washed and waxed regularly also looks after the paintwork and the body. Salty roads will be along shortly no doubt!

bibby, close and personal sounds kinky to me mate. Your right about the salty roads, i cant wait for the salt spreaders to start flying there s-ite into my car

i washed my a4 the other day, it hadnt had a bath for the best part of 3 weeks which is very unlike me, i still love the classic b5 shape and the fact that a 7 year old car still looks as good as the day it rolled out of the factory, if not better with the 18s, so yeah i like washing my car. =)
snoop-vi1.jpg

i never have washed by hand - always the local afghan's or carwash

lets face it....its dirty a few days later......
usually once a week or every 3 at worst

Yep i nip down and get the african immigrants to do mine. Must admit at £15 a pop its more than most but they take an hour to do it and its fantastic when finished. Thats for a polish too BTW!

As wll as getting the 2nd most expensive thing in my life looking nice, its also quite theraputic, after all i can't be marking books if i'm cleaning the car, (or ironing my shirts) Plus it's the only time i get to chat to neighbours as gardening isn't my thing.
chas

I wash mine once a week without fail!

I just like driving a clean car that is well looked after, and as Bibby says it's the best way to check for stone chips etc... and sort them out.

I like the fact that 1) i get away from the kids for a few hours 2) the car looks very nice clean the only pitfall is i get to see how many stonechips and dings i have since last wash ::-(

Kids/trollies/works carpark etc

I had an Astra as a company car many moons ago (Cesaro 1.8 16v). I had it 3 years and never ever cleaned it or hoovered it out. The lease company charged us for a full valet when they picked it up.
It was quite therapeutic driving a car that I had absolutely no feelings for, it was literally just a mode of transport. I must say it had a very hard life and try as I might it never ever went wrong, didn't get one single ding in the door, no accidents and never got broken into.
Is there a lesson to be learnt?
No, definately not.

What a great thread this is turning out to be.Keep them coming lads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The amount of times one of my neighbours has gone by as I'm cleanin ti, & said: "Would you like to do mine next?".

Oh, yeah, right, I'm really going to clean your car for you, aren't I?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not just me then. its definately theraputic to see how good yer car can look. and actually if you keep it up weekly it is much easier to do. mind you now i'm adding new parts to my car i find myself wanting everything to be "just so". i'm turning into a perfectionist. aaaargh, i'm turning into my dad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The Purley way sainsbury's carwash did a lovley job yesterday...Yawn...Its theraputic watching your car being washed by something else whilst sitting inside the car with your tunes on. Getting my picture?

Ok I'll spell it out...

Its winter time now - and whilst we reside in "sunny" old England, the carwash is the only time when the car is actually dry. Now tell me why I cannot be a$$ed to spend 2 hours cleaning and drying my car only for it to be wet 5 mins later?

Did I mention I have a life?

Christ NSD, you trust your BLACK car with a carwash?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ....

.... well ok, suppose it's only a BMW at the end of the day, and a 1-series aswell, totally acceptable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oh yeah it's no problem - Its quite fun watching how close the contour drying arm gets to your car!

I'll give your last statement the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Once a week, even if weather has been crap..

If its good when I do it, then the full treatment.. so byt the end of each summer, there have been many many coats of Meguiars etc!!!

Like Mawhitey says, gets you away from the kids (and the mrs) for a couple of hours, its constructive / productive, you can see the results of your efforts, and it doesnt involve any IT equipment whatsoever!!

very therapeutic!

Car wash is good if you got a company car, but wouldnt put mine through one as the brushes scratch the paint work, swirl marks etc, as my car is my own im thinking of resale value.