Chris NottAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crazy88

Thread: New Job CV

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status

New Job CV

Well, time for a new job.Having been retired from a 30 year career Id never needed to have one.Nightmare.Didnt have a clue.30 years ago all i needed to do was spell my name and bend over in front of the quack (!).Id researched on the net how to etc, and after a week of buggering about gave up.My mate told me about a company that does it for you
    CV Writing Services from The CV Centre

So I gave it a go.Piss easy, and brilliant.Really quick and im set to go.So chuffed with it, hope it helps others who cant be arsed to do thier own or who have never done one.Worth every penny
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

2. # ADS
    ADS

Loving the anonymity

Status

Re: New Job CV

Interesting! I've never considered one, but I'm about to start applying for jobs as I'm coming to the end of a stint of education so may have to look as I feel my cv is slightly lacking somehow. It's hard to know what's interesting and relevant for an employer.

Or you should send me your cv and I'll copy my details onto it just kidding.

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    LOL.Was really impressed with them.Didnt recognise myself.Had to leave out juanking, socks, fried knickers and glory holes though.Didnt go down very well.....
    Pass me my sock

Loving the anonymity

Status

Re: New Job CV

Well, you clearly weren't applying for the right jobs if you had to leave them key phrases out!

Good luck with the job hunting!
    johnnythepie likes this.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    What!!!

You looking for a job mate??

Good luck with the search

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    Yes mate!! Im bored rigid!!!
    Pass me my sock

Reverse Gear

Status
    In a similar boat, just been made redundant from a job i've been doing with my eyes closed for nearly 15yrs. Not a clue on how to write a CV! This will help a lot, so thanks for sharing!

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    No probs....dont bother ordering the copies of the cv, as you can print these off yourself if you go with the cv centre, ut thier cv and covering letter is excellent
    Pass me my sock

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    About two years ago, I applied for a big promotion at work. Although internal, external recruiters were used for the initial selection stages, and they insisted on applicants submitting CVs. So at the age of 49, I set about writing one for the first time ever. Using various online guides, all of which stressed the importance of keeping it short and simple, I managed to condense a quarter of a century of employers' lack of appreciation for my genius - and the resulting serial under-achievement - onto a page and half of A4.

I got the promotion, and one of the skills for which I have become renowned in the new role is the ability to precis very long and detailed arguments and conclusions into short, compact narratives. So I guess the CV helped.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    The CV that they did was nothing like I would have done.I would have waffled and put loads of irrelevant stuff in.The one they did really is impressive, and they know what the employers want.They reckon that each cv is only looked at for 30 seconds on the paper sift.
    Pass me my sock

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    The CV that they did was nothing like I would have done.I would have waffled and put loads of irrelevant stuff in.The one they did really is impressive, and they know what the employers want.They reckon that each cv is only looked at for 30 seconds on the paper sift.
    Yup, spot on. I hope it goes well for you.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.