Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits

Thread: My dilema.

Owner

Status

My dilema.

Hey folks i have a bit of a dilema.

I am sure most of you know what car i have and its mods so far but do most of you think is should sell it and buy a V6 clio within the next year?

Cos they are going for around 13K now and i love how they look and i dont think they will depreciate too much more.

I am 21 and dont have kids etc so i dont think them having only 2 seats is that much of problem.

Or should i just keep the A4 and continue slowly with the modding over the next year?

Next mods were gonna be coilovers, RS4 front, S4 sides and S4 rear, a much needed remap for the K04, powder the 19s, maybe a fmic and prob a few other bits and bobs.

I dont know what i should do really and this my just be because a couple of mate have just got new cars (one the williams i posted about).

Just thought i would ask you guys for your opinions, i wont be changing for a while like but gotta plan a head and have something to aim to.

Cheers,
    Paul

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: My dilema.

What is the difference in insurance costs?

I'd imagine the Clio would be mighty expensive?

Kev.

Owner

Status

Its bout 250 more so not as bad as i expected.

S3 Drift King!

Status

If you are over 6ft tall, forget it, i'm 5ft 10/11(not 100% sure tbh), and found it tight in a Clio V6, and they aren't even that quick! But you do feel good when driving one, and the V6 behind you is wonderful.

Owner

Status

Yeah i am 5ft 10. I dunno whether i would miss the A4 tho and it has been almost 100% reliable in my year and a half or ownership.

28v6

Just noticed Jojo..40mpg on the TDI ??? Is that all... is this the 130bhp engine?? you should have more than that even bootin' the crap out of it......

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just noticed Jojo..40mpg on the TDI ??? Is that all... is this the 130bhp engine?? you should have more than that even bootin' the crap out of it......

[/ QUOTE ]

Off-topic then lol PD115 with chip, average 41mpg with 50% town driving, and cruising at 50mph+ the other 50% - these are brim to brim figures with DIS showing 48mpg - mostyl motorway driving is 45mpg, is that crap for an Estate with 18" wheels?

Grumpy Old Man

Status

I don't know how important this is to you, but one observation I would make is that you couldn't pick a bigger contrast in build quality than an Audi and a Renault.

Audis are quite possibly the best mass-produced cars in the world for the quality of materials and final assembly. In contrast, a Renault is made form cheap shoddy materials, and can typically be reduced to its components parts in about six months of hard driving.

Like i said, this may not be important to you, but it is something you will notice when going from one to the other.

28v6

Interesting... My Sk**a 1.9 130TDi averaged around 48mpg and 53 on constant motoway... and I don't hang around... have to exercise the Ol' 130 now and again... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Interesting... My Sk**a 1.9 130TDi averaged around 48mpg and 53 on constant motoway... and I don't hang around... have to exercise the Ol' 130 now and again... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My Passat possibly weighs more?

6th Gear

Status

If you going to spend that money on a Clio get yourself an S3 at that price ,moving up the ladder and having a car tha stands out

Owner

Status

Na i dont really consider a S3 a that good upgrade if one at all. Same engine etc. Not that much quicker. Not a proper quattro.

I used to like them more and was going to get one instead of my A4. Look nice though.

The build quality issue is a bit of a concern for me with the clio but my mates 95 Clio is still mint but this may be a rare thing!!

28v6

What about a jabbersport remap on the TDI and get yersel a whoppin 195bhp and monsterous torque to boot... and it doesn't affect the economy to much.. that way you don't have to change the Audi.. and you'll get a fun car to boot... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

I take it your friend has a Williams clio, and i can see where you are coming from with looks and a good drivers car with that one, i used to own one until it kept letting me down, even on my wedding day!

As said before, the build quality is the same in any clio, new or old. You will get the same plastic dash and wobbly plastic console.

Is this a mk1 V6 you are after or the mk2?

BTW, you do know about there poor turning circle.

But if you are after something a little different which will turn heads then go for it. It is a superb looking car, not sure about the drive, but i would defo be getting a test drive if i was interested.

28v6

Aye .. TD has a point.. not only that but "Used Car Roadshow" absolutely slated one saying that the wear factor in the car is incredibly high even on the leather chairs. To expect worn gear knobs/ Gaiters, arm rests on the door cards and the manditory loose rattly dash... not good, and if its the Pugeot V6 then to expect trouble with the heads/ overheating.... That was on Monday night (10th October)...

Uber Post Whore

Status

Any thoughts Soup?

Owner

Status

Think i will just start saving for a bit and then decide after i get a new map and coilovers first thought.

I will keep an eye for any V6's locally though and perhaps go for a test drive to see what they are like.

I am so tempted but i was by GTI-r's before i bought the A4 and am glad i got the A4 instead.

I still have a softspot for the GTI-R's when i see one on the road though.

Cheers,
    Paul.