5TH gear on channel 5 - NOW!

They had an open evening for the release of the New Aston Martin Vantage on Friday Night at my Local Pitch. Very nice car.. Lovely inside.. but dunno. just something wrong.. dunno what.. lol but i wouldnt say no.. and as its fairly cheap compared to the others i may have to have a look into one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What a waste of time all that fighter pilot stuff was, just give us more Vicki if you need to pad the program out for an hour.
"Haven't you ever wondered if a fighter pilot would make a good racing driver?"
No not ever, move on.
Thought that Harrier was pretty slow 0-60, they need to get it chipped.

They've gone a bit Topgear for this series, with the timed laps and special features. Nothing much to do about cars, but JC and crew make it more entertaining for me, even though most of it is fixed lol, VBH lapping around in the Porsche is nice though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What a waste of time all that fighter pilot stuff was, just give us more Vicki if you need to pad the program out for an hour.
No not ever, move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly, got bored and came back on the net, lol

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TOO RIGHT, more Vicki

[ QUOTE ]
No not ever, move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is, it'll carry on accelerating at that rate to Mach 1. The top speed is a factor but not on Harriers, the missiles they carry will do Mach 4 and nothing can outrun one of those

Not even a chipped Saxo?
I've a heard a few that are certainly as loud as a Harrier.

with no grip 3 secs is feasable but suprising

thing i like about this show compared to tg is that the testers actually talk about the cars, and the stig is a bit of a silent partner

I loved Tuff Noodle's acidic comment about airfield circuits that didn't test a car's handling and the look VBH and Pluto gave each other as if to say "Oh, you bitch...!"

Yeah, TG are really missing a trick there, we need to know what Stiggy thinks of all the cars he's driven, rather than just a lap time.

[ QUOTE ]
They've gone a bit Topgear for this series, with the timed laps and special features. Nothing much to do about cars, but JC and crew make it more entertaining for me, even though most of it is fixed lol, VBH lapping around in the Porsche is nice though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I've got the thought pf VBH lapping i'd part with a tenner for that.

I thought 0-60 was pretty quick considering it weighs around 15 tons!

plus i think its a sub speed of sound plane so it wont reach Mach 1

[ QUOTE ]
plus i think its a sub speed of sound plane so it wont reach Mach 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on air pressure of the day, altitude, flight conditions - dive etc. You are right, technically its not but under certain conditions can achieve Mach 1. No ramps on the engine intakes so it can't go much quicker than it does. Conventional Jet Engines don't like air being rammed into them at mach 1, they use ramps to slow things down a bit and "fool" the engine in to working above those speeds.