Problem fixing mates car

Rev-head

Reaction score
Right before we start he owns a Rover 620ti ,i have spoke to him about his illness but he wont go and see the doctor about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

The problem is with the turbo as in lack of it ,no boost at all

Hunts when ticking over

Revs to 4500rpm under load but struggles to go any further with out a lot of engine noise

My thinking it is the MAF?

Checked for leaks

Any help would greatful

Cheers

Yea i know ..........have been told it could be a crank sensor loose know ?

Your on the right lines rev... look for the crank shaft sensor, clean until spotless then refit using carb cleaner.. also look for a camshaft sensor / hall sender and clean the same way and refit.. problem cured....

Hunting on tickover could be the Idle stabilisation valve needing cleaned in the same manner and lubed with 3in1 oil.. then refit, don't panic if on refit the idle goes to about 1500rpm... it will reprogramme itself to the ECU, its like installing a new valve its not calibrated to the car.. also look for vacuum leaks , these also will make the idle hunt...

i said the scrap yard to but he just hit me,,,,,,

Cheers 28v6 when it stops raining i will be on the case an dhope that sorts the problem

Cheers

Working on it today or tomorrow been /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif down with rain here so not had a chance to look at it
Will keep you posted

60,000miles on the clock and having to do this OMG

Right first look under the bonnet and a bit confused ,found the sensor for the camshaft took that off and cleaned up but could not establish were the maf was situated ,nothing connected to the air feed pipe going into the inlet manifold

Anybody know and the crank sensor ?...Gings crivens thank god i have an Audi