• C5 A6 2.7T

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • LCR

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

hughjass

Is there somefin in my teef?
Reaction score
Hi guysIve recently bought a a6 c5 2.7t tippy and my heart ruled my head so may want a change to a seat leon cupra r.Ive been offered a straight swap, same year in v/good condition. fuel is the issue but want a bit of whoosh also. (best of both worlds)cant find a vote button (admin help please)

The A6 is a beauty but if fuel is the issue then its a bit too heavy on it.
Leon gets my vote

thing is, the a6 is a big car, and tries to be a fun car with that big engine. truth is its still too heavy a car and that engine will never compensate for it. So it will never be as fun a car as you want it to be, as nice as they are!

the cupra on the other hand, its smaller and might be less practical, but it can do all the things the a6 can nearly as well, whilst being twice as fun even in standard form.

i say try it. if you dont like it and miss the big comfy audi, you can always try a b5 s4 or B6 s4 for the best of both worlds :thumbsup:

thing is, the a6 is a big car, and tries to be a fun car with that big engine. truth is its still too heavy a car and that engine will never compensate for it. So it will never be as fun a car as you want it to be, as nice as they are!

the cupra on the other hand, its smaller and might be less practical, but it can do all the things the a6 can nearly as well, whilst being twice as fun even in standard form.

i say try it. if you dont like it and miss the big comfy audi, you can always try a b5 s4 or B6 s4 for the best of both worlds :thumbsup:

^^^
Excellent feedback, ill take all comments on board.

Must say the a6 is super comfy and the Bose sound system best I've heard in car.

I just want both, lol

This is it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363377521849862

for a family man in need of practicality and comfort, aswell as some poke, i think the b6 s4 is a beauty

^^^^
I've checked some prices 2nd hand and for 1999 are around 4.5k onwards.

I bought this for £3250. (2003)

Am I missing something else from the spec and body shape differences compared to the a6 I have?

I do agree looks nicer from the rear for sure. Mmmmmmmmm

I could chop a few mm off and weld a s4 boot on I suppose. Lol

To be honest, your A6 is one model down from an S6 right? It must have all the toys still! Going to a LCR is a backward step in my opinion, but if fuel economy is an issue, then it's a tough decision.

I'd be hanging on to that and lavishing care and attention on it for all time.

^^^^^
My wife agrees with you and says keep it til finances dictate otherwise.

I really appreciate all the comments, but ill hang onto it for a tad longer me finks.

A stage 1 tune can also improve mpg by 5mpg :racer: on average (ive asked 4 different tuners) so for £200 ill do that and see.

Ill keep you posted on the results.

thanks
guys