catching mice.....

CHEZ

moderately amusing
Supporter
Reaction score
ok,
i have a bit of a problem with mice getting into my garage under my up and over garage door!
the gap is aprox 20mm at the bottom of the door and there getting in there!
obviously i need to address this problem by blocking the gap off, to avoid them entering in the first place and i will sort this in the next few days!
but i have a fridge in my garage for my fishing bait etc and i feel they have set up home behind this! the little feckers!
i have a lot of valuable fishing tackle in there and i know the damage these little cretins can cause, so have been laying traps to catch them with variable success!
i have been using chocolate chunks and been catching a few, but now they are becoming ultra cunning in removing the chocolate without setting the trap!:mad:
anybody know of a good bait to use or method to eradicate these little sh*ts without using poison?
thanks in advance,
love and hugs chez x

Peanut butter. Much harder for them to remove, and the smell is strong so the suckers will love it. In my old house I caught a few rats and mice over the years, always with peanut butter.

Not sure what to suggest for stopping them coming in though, mice can get through really small gaps.

Jams good too. They also like fruit, as I think they have to get their fluids from their food. Check if they're nesting in the back of the fridge as the compressors get nice and warm. You could also try one of the plug in things.

another night another mouse!
this time i used a piece of fudge and it did the trick!
caught on the floor beneath the fridge!

Tin of cat food for the new cat.

Cat food also works well as it breaks up and they can't just carry it off so they would tend to sit and eat it in place.

CATS! simple.

I have three cats, live across the road from a massive field, yesterday they bought in a baby rat and 2 mice, played with them, killed them, and ate them!
This is a regular thing, its great to watch too, only one of them does the eating though, the others sit and look bemused!

Next door had a mouse infestation not so long ago, and the pest control came and looked at all three houses, its a 3 house terrace with me in the middle. Both sides of me mice were found, but in my house no sign of any live ones anywhere! Next door has just had a new ktchen and finally found the nest! In my house they dont have chance to nest!

The worst we had was one week where the cats all hovered around the kitchin, they usually get shoo'd out and tend to stay out, but clearly there was a mouse under the cooker, 3 days later i actually saw it fly out and get caught by one of the cats. The cats stayed out of the kitchen again, so clearly that one escaped when bought home, but the cats were relentless! We know if they differ there nightly routine of sleeping upstairs till about 2AM before going out, that they are likely stalking another mouse downstairs!

Chez I think you first job is to have a good tidy up, get rid of any food spills and then any pellets / boilies you do keep in there, put in well sealed containers.

Don’t mix or transfer bait from containers in the garage.

If they can get at the food they will keep on coming, it will not matter how many per night you catch.

cheers for the response lads!
cats? the wife or the dog dont like them much, so cant be going down that route i am afraid even though they do serve there purpose!
my garage is in the street away from the house, so i could not really lock a cat in there anyway lol!
as for my bait spooky, all my pellet and tins are kept in the fridge so they really cant get to it.
the problem is the fridge to be honest, a nice warm environment behind it for them to set up home!
add all my fishing luggage and nets, and you have a nice little mouse playground in there!
my mates garage got infested a few years back and they totally ate a keepnet!
all that was left was the rings plus mouse droppings and a horrid stench of mouse pee!
my garage has this smell already! :notme:
so yes, spooky, a clear out is in order, and i need to look behind the fridge too, i will just make sure i have my dog at hand while doing it, as he is partial to the odd rodent! lol