iP5 or IOS6

Reaction score
The battery on my iPhone 5 is chronic. I charge it through the night, start using it in the morning and the battery is normally totally dead by 7pm if under medium to heavy use.

Is it the phone or IOS6?

I notice whenever I turn it on, the phone starts using it's locating service. The arrow disappears after a couple of seconds, unless I open an app that requires it. My wife has my old iP4 with the latest software, but her battery life is much better.

A mate of mine has bad battery life on his 5 too, mine seems to be just as good as the i phone 4s i previously had, i think it might be the phone.

I'm thinking the same but wondered whether ios6 and the apps were more demanding.

Have you updated to ios 6.1? People are reporting better battery life after this update. Also do you let your phone Battery deplete completely? Good idea to do so every now and again. Keep an eye on apps that use location services all the time. Make sure that arrow disappears....there is a section under settings that shows what app's are using it and what have been using it. Get rid of any unnecessary apps that use it a lot!

Do you close your apps every couple of hours? Huge drain on any piece of hardware when it's got 10 apps running in the background...

When I was a lad we invented calculators that used solar power, shame they haven't managed to get that in mobile phones yet.

Play less Candy Crush, and your battery will last longer! Lol

I'll have to give it a go!

Do you close your apps every couple of hours? Huge drain on any piece of hardware when it's got 10 apps running in the background...

Is that the stuff that displays when you double click on your home button, because I don't delete them often.

Have you updated to ios 6.1? People are reporting better battery life after this update. Also do you let your phone Battery deplete completely? Good idea to do so every now and again. Keep an eye on apps that use location services all the time. Make sure that arrow disappears....there is a section under settings that shows what app's are using it and what have been using it. Get rid of any unnecessary apps that use it a lot!

i downloaded it last night.

What about the Brightness, do you have that set up high? that can be a big drain on the battery.

Clash of clans, awesome battery load test app, I can run this for an hour while charging at 100% and be at 50-60% with a smoking hot phone!

Im running 6.01, and without that app running my battery can go all day all night and all the following day, using wifi hotspot all day will last me all day, i use my phone a lot, and im seriously impressed with the battery life.

I didnt update to latest firmware as i was working on jailbreaks for a while, but even jailbroken theres no real battery performance boost with my normal use. My brightness is in the middle and auto. location services mainly not used, bluetooth on 24/7.

Do you spend time calling people on it as I read that can drain the battery a lot as well :cool:

Is that the stuff that displays when you double click on your home button, because I don't delete them often.

Yes mate, press and hold on an app and it will close it. I.e close them all before you go to sleep and the phone will use almost no battery!

I used to do it all the time with my 4 because the home button was on its way out. I'll have do make an effort to close them more regularly on this phone. Thanks