Badger5Monster Motorsport
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    5th Gear

Status

No more BK for me.... Cowards

Ice cream is off the menu at fast food chain Burger King, which a few days ago withdrew its ice-cream cones after the design on the lid of the dessert offended a Muslim.

One lone complainant, a customer at a branch of BK in Park Royal, North West London was enough to cause the global giant to stop sales of the new ice-cream.

Rashad Akhtar, 27, of High Wycombe claimed the design resembled the Arabic inscription for Allah, and branded it sacrilegious, threatening a "jihad".

Apologies

The restaurant chain is being forced to spend thousands of pounds redesigning the lid with backing from The Muslim Council of Britain. BK apologised and a spokesman said: "The design simply represents a spinning ice-cream cone." The cost of withdrawing the items, storing them and reprocessing is likely to run into several million of pounds.

Akhtar was not satisfied by the decision to withdraw the cones and has called on Muslims to boycott Burger King. He said: "This is my jihad. How can you say it is a spinning swirl? If you spin it one way to the right you are offending Muslims."

Can we be told?

If it takes just one moaning Muslim for BK to withdraw a product at a cost of millions, what action will BK take when hundreds of indigenous Britons flood the BK Headquarters Customer Careline with a few very important questions? Muslims follow a strict diet and the only meat products they can consume are those that have been ritually slaughtered. A standard BK cheeseburger derived from beef that had been conventionally abattoir-slaughtered is most definitely not allowed under the Islamic dietary code, nor would the Chicken Whopper.

Brings to mind the old adage....
    All it takes is that good men to do nothing, for evil to triumph...[something like that]

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_Strider81

Re: No more BK for me.... Cowards

what a joke! when i saw this in my local paper i just thought to myself- does this 27 year old have nothing better to do!?

evidently not!

Uber Post Whore

Status

At least they still sell the Whopper.

...Watching you!

Status

That is just plain ridiculous. Don't like the way the country is run, then p*ss off!! Its a f*cking ice cream lid for f*ck sake!!

Status

What is the world coming to!

6th Gear

Status

Have to agree with JPO BK is not and never has been suppliers of Halal meat in their burgers whether beef or chicken so what is this sanctamonious pr!ck shouting on about Jihad. If he was that religious he shouldn't have been anywhere near the place to begin with! F**KING A*SEHOLES MAN!!!!

Whoever does not try, does not learn.

Status

What a Twat...and the picture

Article

6th Gear

Status

Obviously the guy is dyslexic cause that looks nothing like it mate!!! What a F**king retard! I hope that idiot gets a rock in the head after he does Hajj! He deserves it!

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Obviously the guy is dyslexic ....

[/ QUOTE ]

sh!t that just made my day.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Looks like an upside down McDonalds Logo to me!!!!

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

I really could see a brit going to another country to Live and complain.........not.

This country is going to the dogs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

WTF!!! - it's an ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!

what a [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img]muppet!!

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    That is just plain ridiculous. Don't like the way the country is run, then p*ss off!! Its a f*cking ice cream lid for f*ck sake!!

[/ QUOTE ]Could'nt agree more.

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]

This country is going to the dogs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Going? I think you mean gone!!

6th Gear

Status

Its a sad state of affairs, to me the resemblance is only very minor and non-intentional. The guy should feel damn lucky he got them to change it never mind wanting to pull the stocks and sack the artist [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

I think I shall now take offence at anything that may suggest a detrimental tone towards people with red hair.

smoking a6

Status

hes very foolish, arabic is very precise writing and that is clearly not the same, theres nothing to complain about, but someone along the chain in command agreed it was an issue, silly how these things can get blown out of proportion by individuals so sensitive.

6th Gear

Status

are there any muslim on the forum and are they insulted by it?

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I really could see a brit going to another country to Live and complain.........not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, i just been to Spain, the English don't go to another country and complain, they just go there and turn it into England.

Its funny how foreigners get accused of doing exactly that in this country, but the English do exactly the same when they go somewhere else, and on a bigger scale.

The part of spain i went to there wasn't a single spanish guy to be seen, they were all english people who had moved out there. And rather then switching to the local culture/food, there were english shops, pubs, food etc etc everywhere, i mean i didn't see anyone embracing the spanish culture in the slightest, and yet the english folk here are always saying how if so and so people wanna come live here they should embrace our culture

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Have to agree with JPO BK is not and never has been suppliers of Halal meat in their burgers whether beef or chicken so what is this sanctamonious pr!ck shouting on about Jihad. If he was that religious he shouldn't have been anywhere near the place to begin with! F**KING A*SEHOLES MAN!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang on a minute, last time i checked, BK did sell other stuff apart from meat. Its stupid saying he shouldn't have been in there cos he shouldn't have been eating non-halal meat, however there is the possibility that he went in there for something else like an ice cream, milkshake, drink, coffee, chips, salad etc etc.

Also, are u sure the 'S' on the end of 'A*SEHOLES' should have been there or not? I mean, u r just talking bout that one person aren't u, not the entire community?

And finally i'm not defending this man in any way, he's a complete prick, needs to be shot (and im not muslim either).

Uber Post Whore

Status

I wonder if the strawberry cone is as offensive. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Administrator

Status

What a disgrace.

Firstly, I'd like to make it clear that the only thing I hate without question is prejudice itself. I must also say that I'm no angel, and to that end my resolve to never be prejudiced has sometimes slipped - however on the whole I'd say I do tend to judge people as an individual, and not as one of a group.

This however is the kind of s**t that makes my blood boil. There isn't really much I can say about it without generating my very own conflict of interests, and it's not really worth the mental stress.

That said though, first prize to the first person to write to the Muslim Council of Great Britain on "Mr Whippy" letterheaded paper, explaining the roof of 90% of the mosques in the country are offensive, and as such should be replaced with good old thatch. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when that letter was opened.

Regards,

Rob.

6th Gear

Status

The (s) i was refering to was in A*SEHOLES was to encompase all the people who are like minded and think along the same train of thought as the over sensitive pr!ck who was so outraged and made the complaint in the first place. Ok maybe he was in there for a smoothie...who cares the guys a complete prat and should get a grip or get back to his own country!

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    The (s) i was refering to was in A*SEHOLES was to encompase all the people who are like minded and think along the same train of thought as the over sensitive pr!ck who was so outraged and made the complaint in the first place. Ok maybe he was in there for a smoothie...who cares the guys a complete prat and should get a grip or get back to his own country!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, u c this is my point exactly. Everything is cushty, until one of us does something wrong, thats when the 'true' feelings come out. First of all what does 'get back to his own country' mean, how do you know he wasn't born in THIS country? No where does it say he was an immigrant from another country. It just proves that in reality, most of you consider this to be 'your' country, and even those born here are still considered 'foreigners', hence 'get back to your own country'. You wouldn't say that to an English guy born here would you? So why say it to an Asian guy born here?

3rd Gear

Status

its a bit like a jesus in my pork scratchins type of resembelance..... ??? crap really.
    guys, you all know how i feel about these feckers. i offer my personal services to b.k in which i will offer to use said ice cream cone to poke out the eyes of any muslims even thinking of walking past any branch of burger king.
    whoppers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

Status

Just a gentle reminder - Please keep this discussion friendly!

Lets act like grown ups and not get this thread locked!

Cheers

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

The problem is not the fact that some non-entity jumped on the multi-culti, politically correct tidal wave of scum that are engulfing this Country........... More the fact that the culture of appeasement in this Country is now at such endemic levels that a Multi national company felt compelled to 'cave in' to the grotesque and hate filled demands this single 'would be' terrorist!

Am I alone in thinking that the appropriate response would have been to write to this lone agitator, thank him for his observation, and suggest to him that before any more are made they would consult with their Muslim employees for a 'wider opinion'?

Or maybe just show him the finger and say 'supersize that' needle-dick! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just a gentle reminder - Please keep this discussion friendly!

Lets act like grown ups and not get this thread locked!

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always the same when the Pimp gets a chip (or in this case should I say fry?) on his shoulder about ethnicity! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

^ i totally agree with u, he is a knob, if i was muslim i would be completly embarassed and ashamed of this story, and it makes muslims look stupid, but it makes BK look even MORE stupid, they should have stuck their finger up an told him to f*uck off. End of the day, everyone who's been here long enough knows my views on muslims, however all this 'go back to your own country' s*hit i'm still against, even if u r talking about muslims, becuase if you obviously think that about muslims, then chances are you probably think the same about the rest of us

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    its a bit like a jesus in my pork scratchins type of resembelance..... ??? crap really.
    guys, you all know how i feel about these feckers. i offer my personal services to b.k in which i will offer to use said ice cream cone to poke out the eyes of any muslims even thinking of walking past any branch of burger king.
    whoppers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, ur a prick

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, u c this is my point exactly. Everything is cushty, until one of us does something wrong, thats when the 'true' feelings come out. First of all what does 'get back to his own country' mean, how do you know he wasn't born in THIS country? No where does it say he was an immigrant from another country. It just proves that in reality, most of you consider this to be 'your' country, and even those born here are still considered 'foreigners', hence 'get back to your own country'. You wouldn't say that to an English guy born here would you? So why say it to an Asian guy born here?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would.
    i am english and come from a long line of generation after generation of englishmen. this is my country. im proud of it. and clearly, anyone who is of any ethnic background or culture does not have an equall right to this heritage as i do and many others like me who feel the same.
    you, and others may think it sad, but its fact.

so, yes.... i would say go home. this country does not belong to immigrants now matter how many generations have stayed here. they are foriegners and may think that it is a free benefiit handing out country, but the reality is, it is our birth right. just the same as some place in the east is theirs. they may claim to be born here and be british, but their connections with their homeland is far greater than just skin colour my freind, its cultures ,religeons, tradditions and ways of life. these roots cannont be ignored and they are not british ways of life tradditions or cultures weather they were born here or not. they should repspect our culture far more than they do and then maybe they would earn a little respect of their own.
    take the chinese for intsance..... no one gets bothered about them because they dont make any rediculas demands such as chinese only schools or chinese only activitys in general... not like the bloody asians.
    the thing is mate.... were all fed up to the back teath of them and their cocky, arrogant, lack of respect, easliy offended, non intergrating ,western hating, obnoxiuos, white hating ways.
    so yes, this is as you put it, the truth coming out.

3rd Gear

Status

name calling over the internet is both pointless and cowardly.
    i could start the eye goudging with you if yer like.....???? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    ^ , then chances are you probably think the same about the rest of us

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all....... its mostly just the muslims...........and, they only have themselves to blame. its not about skin culour, its about culture and, in general, their lack of respect for ours.

Administrator

Status

myzeneye, I really don't want to be enflaming this debate any more; because lets face it, in a friendly environment you should never be talking about money, politics or religion anyway - as it's always dangerous territory; but I feel it's a little unfair to be making "us" and "them" sort of statements fella; after all, who are "we" ? The vikings? The Romans? The French? Our wonderful German Royal family?

Personally I think the only time silly s**t like this BK fiasco will stop errupting is when societies are properly integrated; seperation IMHO can only make things worse in the long run; but I suppose every man has his own ideas.

That said however, I do think the chap behind the BK saga (who at the age of 27 I would say has a good chance of having a UK birth-certificate) is a total weapon; and should really be taught how to worry about stuff that matters and not hide behind religion as a means to be a cranky tw*t.

Regards,

Rob.

S3 Drift King!

Status

Hey, less talk of the chinese please, I'm British, and I pay my taxes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

S3 Drift King!

Status

And I like chocolate Ice-cream, so that chap hasnt done me any favours :P

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would.
    i am english and come from a long line of generation after generation of englishmen. this is my country. im proud of it. and clearly, anyone who is of any ethnic background or culture does not have an equall right to this heritage as i do and many others like me who feel the same.
    you, and others may think it sad, but its fact.

so, yes.... i would say go home. this country does not belong to immigrants now matter how many generations have stayed here. they are foriegners and may think that it is a free benefiit handing out country, but the reality is, it is our birth right. just the same as some place in the east is theirs. they may claim to be born here and be british, but their connections with their homeland is far greater than just skin colour my freind, its cultures ,religeons, tradditions and ways of life. these roots cannont be ignored and they are not british ways of life tradditions or cultures weather they were born here or not. they should repspect our culture far more than they do and then maybe they would earn a little respect of their own.
    take the chinese for intsance..... no one gets bothered about them because they dont make any rediculas demands such as chinese only schools or chinese only activitys in general... not like the bloody asians.
    the thing is mate.... were all fed up to the back teath of them and their cocky, arrogant, lack of respect, easliy offended, non intergrating ,western hating, obnoxiuos, white hating ways.
    so yes, this is as you put it, the truth coming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion, and thats all it is, it isn't right or wrong.

However, as far as i'm concerned anyone who is born here and pays taxes has an equal right to this country. The fact that ur generation is many times deep in this country whereas mine is only 2x deep doesn't make any difference. The fact that 'your' generation has lived here for further back in time then mine doesn't make it 'more' your country today. The fact that Indians lived in India for so many centuries didn't stop 'your' England from basically invading and taking over it did it? In fact its largely down to England the reason why a lot of countries such as India are so behind, becuase the English came, they fuc*ked everything up, stole our jewels, then left. That is the reason why a lot of foreigners (not me) don't like England, becuase there is a lot of resentment over what England did to their countries in the past, the effects of which are still being felt today. And it will take a lot of time for that to heal, England might think its in the past and forgotten about it, but the victims of it haven't. Its a knock on effect, India was one of the richest nations on this earth, after England left it was and is one of the poorest. It takes a lot of time for people to rebuild. And also, a lot of these 'western hating' people your talking about are 2nd generations like me. Now, whereas our fathers might have had the choice to come to this country, WE didn't tho did we? We were born here, whether we like it or not. If we CHOSE to do something, then we shouldn't complain, but we didn't choose to be born here. And its not as easy as just 'going back to our own country'.

And as far as 'go home' goes, well to me this is my home, both on paper and in my heart, so i already am home. Obviously India is what i would consider my motherland, but if i had the choice of living there or here, i would choose here. And i don't claim to be british, becuase i'm not, i'm Indian. That doesn't mean i'm disrespecting England by saying that, but its ridiculous me saying i'm British, becuase i'm blatantly not.

And also not all of us 'immigrants' come here for free benefits. My family probably pays more taxes then a lot of the English. Every single person in my family has good jobs. A lower percentage of Indians claim benefits then English people. In fact, the average wage amongst Indians is higher then that of white English people. So what does that mean? That as a community and a percentage, we are actually paying more taxes in this country then you. Money talks at the end of the day, and THATS what gives you right to property and land, not how far back your roots go. That might give you history and heritage, but not ownership.

As far as the chinese go, OK fair enough they are probably the most peacful and least trouble causing people around in my opinion, and they keep themselves to themeselves, however, for that reason, they are also the most LEAST intergrated people as well. You will hardly ever see a chinese with anyone other then chinese. They don't integrate with the other communities at all, be it black white indian whatever.

And what does the word 'Asians' mean? You need to learn to differentiate. Asian doesn't mean jack s*hit. Asia is the largest continent in the world, there are many different races including Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Arabs, Turkish, Afghan, Mauritians, Phillipinoes, Thai, Sri Lankan, Iraqi etc etc, a lot of COMPLETLY different races and cultures. If you wanna talk about the issues, then specify who your talking about, not just 'Asians'. When i'm talking about you, i would refer to you correctly as 'English' cos thats your race, not 'European', as thats just your continent that you live on, that could make you French, German, Spanish, Swedish etc etc. So don't apply something you are [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] off about to us all just becuase we're all from the 'Asian' continent, as if we're all the same cos we're not at all.

After all of that, people might be thinking i'm anti western/english, im not at all, not in the slightest, i'm not one of those people who doesn't like the west or england, and thats the general feeling amongst most indians. Of course the same can't be said for a lot of other, mainly pakistanis and muslims in general, but please don't lump us together as asians cos we're not.

5th Gear

Status

Pimp,

You may find this hard to believe but I support a lot of what you say! (apart from what you have been taught about the history of India). As a law abiding citizen, from a legal immigrant family, you have every right to be here. It is also perfectly proper that you are taught, and identify more with your cultural heritage and homeland, rather than a piece of paper that says you are British.

Again I have no problem with that, it is an entirely natural and honest sentiment. It recognises that we are culturally different, and we don't have to pretend otherwise! But it does not mean that we can't both live together in 'my homeland' and 'enjoy' those differences. The real problem I have is with illegal immigrants, bogus asylum seekers, 'health' scroungers and those who want to live in this Country but try and turn it into their 'homeland',,,,,, to those I say 'go home' wherever that may be!

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey, less talk of the chinese please, I'm British, and I pay my taxes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you also sell fantastic food [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Pimp,

You may find this hard to believe but I support a lot of what you say! (apart from what you have been taught about the history of India). As a law abiding citizen, from a legal immigrant family, you have every right to be here. It is also perfectly proper that you are taught, and identify more with your cultural heritage and homeland, rather than a piece of paper that says you are British.

Again I have no problem with that, it is an entirely natural and honest sentiment. It recognises that we are culturally different, and we don't have to pretend otherwise! But it does not mean that we can't both live together in 'my homeland' and 'enjoy' those differences. The real problem I have is with illegal immigrants, bogus asylum seekers, 'health' scroungers and those who want to live in this Country but try and turn it into their 'homeland',,,,,, to those I say 'go home' wherever that may be!

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely with you there. The people that really p*ss me off are the illegal immigrants who are given OUR money, and the (generally) muslims who have a hatred for western civilisation, yet still choose to reside here. Its not right. We pay OUR taxes for OUR country and how much benefit do WE (the tax payers) get?? f*ck all! It sucks that these people need to flee their own countries, but at the end of the day (and no matter how harsh it may sound) its not our problem so why should we have to pay for it!? Road tax, speeding fines, petrol tax, .etc .etc... How much is actually spent on where it came from? very little. How many millions (billions even) are spent/flushed down the toilet on keeping the ILLEGAL immigrants happy?

I have NO problem whatsoever with people living in this country legally, people who abide by our laws, and pay their taxes like everyone else. The people who ruin this place the the ones who live off the us (english people included!!!), and the people who live here yet despise/hate everything about our way of life and actively try to destroy it.

So when i say "go back to your own country" im mean the people who espise our way of life, clearly dont belong here!

Whoever does not try, does not learn.

Status

At the end of the day, if you dont like the way people live their lives in this country or any other, then you have no reason to be here or there regardless from what background youre from.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast