Beckham PSG

Ghost

Booooooo!
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Beckham to give his salary to charity, I know he don’t need the money but still good yes?
Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Already seen people moaning about this on facebook saying that it wont make a difference to him because of all the other revenues he has of making money i.e. endorsements.

Why be so negative and point out it wont affect him... instead look at the charities and the people it will affect. Its still a generous decision regardless of whether he needs the money or not.

I've always been a fan of Beckham, he's won things where ever he's played, and I doubt anyone on this forum can give to charity what he's giving from this venture he is doing.

Good on him I say, he's made millions from playing footy, the sport he loves, and being a good looking guy. It's not his fault people will pay to be associated with his name/brand.

Good luck to him, and hope he brings success to PSG. :footy:

The guy can do no wrong...... Legend. He's also pretty good at football.......

Great to see he is still playing. Very happy with his generous donation to charity, a great idea. He certainly doesn't need the money so it is a really nice gesture.

When his playing career is over, will he go on to be a manager? Will he one day be the England Manager?

Yeah you cannot knock that gesture,Good on him and his family... its a shame a few fat cats/bankers dont do the same...give a little back to the people that made you rich..

Yeah fair play to him, and glad the charity is a childrens charity, shame it's not in the U.K. thou, he'll never want for nothing so why not give back something for doing something you love doing. Don't really rate him as a player thou, he can certainly kick a ball but IMO that's about all. can't stand 'her indoors'

When I started a new job sometime ago, when sorting out the payroll /bank account they asked if I wanted to give to a local charity, it was only 50p a week or something like that, but I thought it was a good idea.

I wasn’t going to miss 50p but there was over 200 employees working there and the money went to a local special needs school.
We’d have a thank you letter from the children from time to time, saying what the money was used for. :icon_thumright:

Anyway from that day when i have moved on and started a new job, I ask the other workers if they like to start something like this up, and always been met with good feedback and its so rewarding seeing what just a small amount each week form us made a big difference to others.

Anyone else do anything similar?

its a shame afew fat cats/bankers dont do the same...give a little back to the people thatmade you rich..

Its funny how you always find it’s the small business that help out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
my thoughts are even though he may not miss it as people keep going on about it's still a selfless act which should be applauded. it's undisclosed how much it will be but it will certainly be substantial. a good role model for the younger generation and a quality footballer... and he can complete the bleep test. all 23 levels! insane!!