Newsflash - "Motorway Open"

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
What is it lately with this **** covering obsession of closing motorways because of an accident? It seems to me that the police are so worried that they'll get sued for not handling a situation properly that they shutdown the whole scene "just in case". Then we get the lightening fast accident investigators with their tape measures and skid mark calculators taking all day to ascertain that a lorry lost control probably due to the driver being a tw@t.
I went up to Nottingham a couple of weeks ago only to be informed that the M1 was shut (like it was early closing or there'd been a death in the family), so forced to go M40 all the way to Brum only then to find the M42 was also closed.
Got stuck on the M3 today after they closed it because yet another lorry had caused a fatality (without even crossing the central reservation, which I thought was considerate.
Now I maybe an old git with too much time on his hands but only a few years ago motorways never closed. The M27 stayed open even when a plane tried to land on it thinking it was a Southampton airport runway.
If I'm to be subjected to hours stuck in crawling traffic I damn well wanna see some carnage at the end of it! Sick I know but you know I'm right.

Yeah know what you mean, the M1 was shut for a morning last week, so come off and took a crazy detour which added 3 hours to my journey! and as for the M6... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif